Flushing, MI

Seymour Elementary School 3

Posted April 16, 2012
If you grow up here then you will have no problem, but if you move to Flushing then they tend to look at you diferently. I grew up here and thought it would be a good place for my kids to grow up, but I am now moving. If your child is above average in anything, take them somewhere else. There are no advanced classes here. My son is very advanced and gets bored easily at this school. He is not being challenged at all. It isn't his teachers fault, she is very nice, but she is limited with what she can do. Class sizes are to big. Also, punishments here are very harsh. If you sneeze and interupt the class you will be sent to the office. They expect every child to act perfectly ALL day every day. My son was once sent home because they thought he did something wrong, not because he did do something wrong. They couldn't even tell me why he was being sent home. I gave them 3 stars because most of the teachers here are very nice, but the disciplinary actions are rediculous! They expect perferction from 6, 7, and 8 or 9 year olds.

Seymour Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Great teachers! Wonderful staff.

Posted August 25, 2009
Fantastic school in a fantastic school district. Excellent principal, teachers, and parents. I do wish the younger elementary class sizes were smaller. Dale

Posted August 07, 2009
All of my three children have attended this excellent elementary. Now my youngest has completed her sixth grade year. This school is a study in coordination, cohesion and how to benefit from your parent base. This coordination supports many extra curricular activities, family nights and more. Misbehavior is not tolerated. I always felt confident that my child was safe at this school and had a nurturing environment. It has been so outstanding that I can find little to improve it. Send your child here if you can!!

Posted August 07, 2008

Seymour Elementary School 3

Posted April 12, 2008

Posted March 13, 2008
Overall a well balanced combination of great teachers combined with a very involved PTO and parent involvement make this a very good school

Posted April 06, 2006

Seymour Elementary School 0

Posted February 09, 2004
During the first year my child attended this school, I was not very happy. Her class contain 32 students to 1 teacher and I feel that no child can learn in that atmosphere. However now her class only has 27 kids and she is getting the special help that she needs to be successful. My opinion has changed and I am glad she is attending Seymour Elementary.

Seymour Elementary School
3088 North Seymour Road, Flushing, MI  48433
Last modified Seymour Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seymour Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top