Fort Gratiot Township, MI

Posted December 31, 2012
My daughters have been at St. Edward on the Lake school since preschool (currently in our 6th year there). I have always helped in the classrooms, sometimes at the request of the teachers and sometimes just because I enjoy the children. I feel welcome and appreciated whenever I am there. The teachers are committed to the school in a way that I have never experienced before. When our school flooded right before school started the teachers went above and beyond to get our school ready for the children. Our teachers are the BEST! We did have growing pains for a few years when we were searching for a new principal. It was hard on everyone. We now have a principal who is a strong leader, compassionate, positive and committed. Our support staff is committed and competent. They truly care about our children. When I walk into the school the Christ centered and positive attitude is palpable. Everyone is smiling and happy. The children sing and pray and pledge allegiance! I couldn't be happier with this school

Posted December 23, 2012
I have had 3 kids go though St. Ed's school and it has been the biggest blessing my family could ever have asked for in an elementary school. When the long time principal retired a few years ago, the school went through some rough transitions until the right principal could be found. She has already proven to be an amazing administrator and the parents and kids adore her. The high level of education and dedicated teachers, combined with highly involved parents and a loving, hands-on pastor, make for a great choice of a Christ-centered and God-filled preschool and elementary school for any family in the area. I'm proud to be a former St. Ed's parent and my kids are excelling in the schools they are now attending after graduating from St. Ed's.

Posted December 23, 2012
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!!! Academics, teachers, staff, parents are all above excellent!!! I disagree 100% with the one review. Our teachers believe in God and WANTED to teach in our school...some of them have only taught in our school and do not want to go anywhere else. My son has achieved more then I could imagine, testing grades higher then his own. I am ALWAYS welcomed in the school and go several times a week unannounced. Teachers are always asking for my help and I am more then happy to help any of them, even though my son has not yet had all of them as his own teacher. I could not imagine sending my own child to a classroom with 20+ children, we will always be at St Edwards. Amazing, amazing environment and dedication by all who enters the doors!!!!!

Posted October 04, 2012
New pastor, new principal, great elementary school. We have two boys age 5 and 6 at St. Ed's. One is in 1st grade with 2 years of pre and a year of kindergarten at this school behind him. Our other son is one year behind him. We are very pleased with the high standards St. Ed's has for education and child development. The new principal has over 40 years of educational experience and is a big asset to the school. Keep up the good work.

St Edward On The Lake School 1

Posted February 24, 2012
This school has had a great reputation and has been in Lakeport for many years and it troubles me to make a poor report. However, there have been three principal's in the last three years, and a fabulous administrator that was suppose to be here this year started and promptly quit and went elsewhere. The administrative communication is very poor, principal and 20 year veteran secretary fail miserably. The principal stated, "my job is to increase enrollment." Shoud it not be to improve the quality of school and address and reconcile parents concerns? Behavior is an issue, and they had to bring in a behavior specialist rather than reinforcing basic virtues and sending kids to the principals office when they misbehave. Remember that parochial does not always mean better academics. The teachers do not welcome parents to volunteer in the classroom, they are "not needed." The use of computers in the class for math and reading seem to be helping the teachers more than the students. Remember, public schools pay more than parochial, so the teachers who cant get hired in public are the ones who land in parochial. :( Teachers sweep the floor and disinfect rooms. Really? Poor choice.

St Edward On The Lake School
6995 Lakeshore Road, Fort Gratiot Township, MI  48059
Last modified St Edward On The Lake School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
St Edward On The Lake School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top