Posted February 13, 2014
Wow I am not alone...I too have a special needs child and this school is not at all a place he will ever return to. Come I EP time you have no voice, staff choose to do what they want and do not listen at all. If they can...they remove services...you have to fight and good luck, get yourself a good advocate from your first day at this place. Reading these other reviews it clearly seems they are violating the rights of our children. The staff is clearly either unexperienced in dealing with special needs children or they are purposely denying services to disabled children who are in need of them who are already medically diagnosed and have been receiving service for several years. I think both. Its sickening, I wonder if these woman can sleep at night knowing what they are doing to these kids.

Posted February 08, 2014
This place is awful! If you have children with an iep or learning disability run as fast as you can from this place. We moved from Howell and I am thinking that was a huge mistake.

Posted July 05, 2013
I know this school has gotten a few bad reviews on here but let me say this....the school is great!!! The teachers are wonderful. I have 2 children that go here and one with special needs. The teachers did work with me and my daughter to put together an IEP. By the end of the school year I did notice big improvement. The teachers really care about the kids in this school. I would defiantly recommend this school for families looking for a great school with an awesome staff, smaller student to teacher numbers and teachers that really care about kids.

Posted May 04, 2012
Do not send your child to H.S. elementary school if he or she has special needs. Misdiagnosis the first semester and Very poor handling the second semester. The "experts" have minimal knowledge of how to help, write a positive behavior plan and encourage a special needs child. Most of the "experts" are on their own little power trip. Bad situation.

Posted October 18, 2010
The staff is wonderful and they really care about their students.

H.T. Smith Elementary School 2

Posted October 15, 2010
This school is very unaware of what is going on. the teachers are not as involved with the children or the parents as they should be. children are rough with each other and no one seems to think this is a problem at all. not a school my kid will be returning to.

Posted October 09, 2010
I love that this school has a PTC that puts on events and the whole community is invited! I love the the principal is willing to dress like a Chicken to get the kids to read books. I feel that so many people at this school go above and beyond to make this such a great place to send our kids!

Posted October 09, 2010
The commitment to educating every child with positive interactions is unmatched! The staff is highly qualified and extremely friendly. The Parent Teacher Club goes above and beyond to host events that create lasting memories for students and their families. There is no other school I would rather have my child attend!

Posted July 30, 2010
I have 2 children that attend Smith, and I love the school. I volunteer 1 day a week in each of their class rooms and always feel welcome. The school is a bit out dated, however, its about education, not appearances. Mrs. Hill and Mrs. Moulton are exceptional teachers and have alot of great ideas. My daughters love going to school. The only complaint is the lunch ladies and recess ladies. They yell way to much and seem constantly overwhelmed.

Posted January 27, 2010
I loved my sons Kindergarten teacher! She is newer to the district and did a wonderful job. First grade has been harder for him and his teacher has gone out of her way to motivate him and keep him on track. She enlisted the help of the principal and worked out a great positive reinforcement system. They have also changed the Kindergarten schedule.

H.T. Smith Elementary School
440 North Hibbard Street, Fowlerville, MI  48836
Last modified H.T. Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
H.T. Smith Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top