Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I've been apart of Emerson since 2009 when my oldest (now a senior) attended 6th grade there. My youngest is in 5th grade now at Emerson and I'm very happy with this school. The teachers are thorough with their teaching and are caring. The principal Mr. Argiri really cares about the children and is very involved with their education. The staff are dedicated in keeping this school a safe place for our children to learn.

I would like to say first and foremost the first grade teacher is amazing, I also hear good things about the music teacher and other teachers but don't have enough interraction with them. I am putting 2 stars for 2 reasons. The school has plenty of ways to help children that are right on track and even falling behind but for children that are ahead they have no resources. When I met with them to try and come up with something to keep my child challenged I was pretty much told that I should just wait for school to catch up to him. In the meantime his boredom affecting the way he looks at school was not a concern for the principal. This week I have decided to take my child out of the school because along with that the school has two secretaries that act arrogant and have shamed my child on multiple occasions. I am not the only person that is had this problem so I am surprised of all the good reviews and not one bad one. And I understand every school has their problems but I would like a school whose principal holds his staff accountable instead of just making excuses on more than one occasion. No child should be shamed because he Peed his pants or because he threw up on the floor. Every child should be met with understanding and if that is not something you are capable of as an elementary school administration staff... McDonald's is hiring. As a child care provider and owner, if your children attend this school, and you have similar issues. Please don't be quiet, it is their job to handle your children with respect and care. Especially if you're children are respectful towards them. They chose this profession it was not forced upon them. And if you have a child who is incredibly bright I would choose another school one that cares about every individual child.

Amount of homework: no rating

Homework is fine but there is no science projects no hands on anything, no field trips all this money we give the school through fundraising and they keep talking about how each child has an iPad. Atleast this is my experience as a mother to a 1st grader

A school totally devoted to the education and well being of every student. High Parent/teacher involvment. Academic standards are high but attainable. Very active PTO. It's a smaller school which allows the atmosphere to be very close knit and friendly. Teachers are very accessible and devoted to helping the child.

Emerson has truly been a blessing to me and my children. I am truly honored to say that I have 3 remarkable children because of the teacher's who care and the 3 principals that have enriched my children's lives. Each Principal has brought something new to this remarkable school and I am grateful for each one of them. The teachers take the time to get to know the children and that to me speaks volumes. You have to be just as committed as the teachers and they give 110%!!!!

This will be our 3rd year at Emerson and we absolutely love it! Thankfully we came to Emerson when Mr. Madeline was principal (his last year before a well-earned retirement!), so we got so see what a well-oiled system looked like. Last years principal was trying to transition back to special education, so he transferred (which is okay with us;). We now welcome Mr. Sam Agiri to our school (who I've heard great things about). The teachers here are great! I love that art and music are still priorities here (one of the main reasons I send my kids here since I'm school of choice and drive quite a distance everyday...it was importanat to me). LOVE IT! I feel like I definately made the right decision picking Fraser schools and Emerson inparticular!

I couldn't ask for a better school. Everyone teacher in the building is wonderful. We have only been there for three years and have had nothing but positive experiences. My son loves it there and has already picked who he wants for teachers through sixth grade. Would recommend this school to everyone and anyone,

Last modified Ralph Waldo Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.