Bad
Good

My Granddaughter is in high school there with my step grandson, also have a younger granddaughter, in the 3rd grade and all 3 are doing Great.....!!! Very Happy Grandpa, Randy Verburg

This school is AWFUL! 2009 was when I started at the high school. It was the best year I've ever experienced there. Who the principal was then, sadly moved away. If he were still here, I would rate this school a 5 star. He always interacted with the students. He was serious yet fun. He made school fun to go to. But ever since he moved, the school has gone downhill so bad. I walked in the school to visit my favorite teacher and I can't believe how dramatic that school has changed. The students are very rude to one another. They're also rude to the teachers. They are always causing trouble and getting into fights. If they're feeling down, they will bring you down with them. All they do is talk about everyone. They're so unbelievably disrespectful to everyone. This is all coming from someone who has seen this first hand. I would never recommend this school to anyone. My kids will NEVER go to this school. All the teachers have favorites; pretty much all the smart kids that are in NHS, Honors classes, AP classes. This school is a giant joke.

I went to G-A schools from kindergarten through high school. I was in band, NHS, and a few other activities. I was able to participate in AP classes and went on to a private university where I graduated with honors. Growing up in a small school didn't hurt me--it helped me. I love the fact that when we graduated ('02), most of us had been in school together since elementary school. It's a safe school, the teachers are dedicated, and because it's small there is a good sense of community. I'm proud to be a G-A graduate.

this school district is the best i have a special needs son who started out low in every subject but sence comming here in the 8th grade he has now been moved into regular ed classes and is pulling aband c in each class, any school that takes the time to help the students is got to be the best there is.

I still go to Galesburg-Augusta and I absoulutly love it! The teachers are very good and actually care about the school. The sports are doing extremely well and I don't think that we could be doing any better. My mother, my uncles, my cousins, and my grandparnets went there and now so do I. I am doing so well and I am on the path to sucess and I know that I can thank Galesburg-Augusta High School for it. You can ask any student that is there right now and they would say the same thing.!We also have some awsome women's athletics. We work hard and our school pushes us as much as they can ! I wouldn't change it for the world

not a good school, teaching is at best a c- went there for 1 year

I have two kids that went or are still going to Galesburg and am glad I made the choice to send my kids there I like the home like feeling of this school I do hope by the time my youngest is in high school the sports program will be alot better becouse she will be a very TALL girl, My son is a 2006 grad and is now @ KVCC and did very well at G-A

Galesburg-Augusta schools seem to be on the decline. I attended from first grade through my senior year of High School and looking back, the final 2 or 3 years I attended were fairly disastrous. The sports are declining for the most part and do not look bright in the future and the school board/current principle seem to be lacking in major areas. Students who played major sports such as football or basketball received special treatment by the faculty and got away with behaviors that most schools would not accept. It's a poor time to be enrolled at the Galesburg-Augusta Schools and it only appears to be getting worse. There needs to be a major overhaul from within if G-A schools look to have much success in the future.

Last modified Galesburg-Augusta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.