No rating

St. Raphael School

Private | PK-8 | 25 students

Living in Garden City

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $55,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $730.

Posted August 23, 2004

I was sent to St. Raphael's after finding myself in some hot water at my public school. This school changed my life. I went from being grounded everyday to spending weekends at friends houses. My grades improved because failure was not an option. Best of all, I made life long friends that I still depend on to this day.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 26, 2004

My son is in the 6th grade and has been attending St. Raphaels since the 4th grade; prior to this he was in public schools. I could of not made a better choice for my son in picking this school. He enjoys the school, classmates, teachers and the many other adult figures that run the school. I have never seen a more deciated group of individuals come together and work toward goals that are in the best interest of our children. Keep up the good work!

Posted May 4, 2004

I have nothing but positive things to say about St. Raphael School. My children are in 4th and 6th grades and have attended since kindergarten. I am extremely happy with the teachers and my children's eagerness to keep learning. They actually enjoy going to school. There are only better things to come for the school with our new priest, who the children absolutely love, and just announced our new principal. We also have excellent sports programs available. Overall, I am very pleased with St. Raphael and have every confidence that my children will continue to do well at the high school level because of their experience at St. Raphael.

Posted February 23, 2004

I have a recent graduate and an elementary child at St Raphael-My graduate is very well prepared for High School-You must have a strong base to have a chance in High School-I feel we owe that strong base to St Raphael-Every parent wanting to give their children the tools and values needed to succeed should consider St Raphael.

Posted January 17, 2004

I have 2 children at St. Raphael's; 8th grade and 4th grade. The teacher/student relationships are good. The principal lacks enthusiasm. We have a great Pastor that will make the much needed changes this year to make our school a better place. I would recommend this school for a good education now more than ever.

Posted September 9, 2003

St. Raphaels's School has been had a very positive effect on both of my children. My daughter is in 7th grade, and my son is in 4th. They have both attended for the last three years. It is the first school that they want to attend. Their relationship with their teachers is very upbeat. The projects are interesting and yet do-able for the grade level. They are learning and enjoying their experience.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

African-American 4% 19%
Multiracial 4% 2%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (734) 427-8895

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Detroit