Bad
Good

I just transferred my son into Douglas from Tipton, which was a disaster for us. I was really worried, but I have to say that I've been very favorably impressed. They are way ahead in terms of the complexity of the spelling words, and way ahead in math. The people in the office, and the teacher, are welcoming, kind, and supportive thus far. So far so good, and so glad I made the change!

I am a parent to a 4th grader at Douglas, and she is in the HAP (Honors Accelerated Program)! I absolutely love her teacher, and the staff here. I feel that the teachers, principal (Mr. B), and staff have always treated myself and my child with respect. Before starting at Douglas last year I almost enrolled her into Tipton Acadamy because I was hearing how great it was, sov happy I did not and stayed with GCPS. My girlfriend took her kids out of GCPS, and her kids have told me about bullying and to much busy work, etc.. Douglas offers many great field trips, and extras like a sewing class, spanish, japanese, technology, and band/choir (recorders, and concerts). Overall my daughters enthusiam for school has been great here at Douglas 3-4 campus!!!

School has come a long way in a short time. My daughter is in advised classes to challenge her more. This will give kids better chance at high education.

Douglas and it's teachers are amazing. Not once has my child been left behind. In fact, last year was a hard year for her and her teacher encouraged her to join a summer program to boost her confidence and academics. This year, she is on the NEHS!! I have only had issues with the lunch staff but they do not work for the school directly. Douglas often has after school programs and the bussing system is wonderful to rely on. I do wish the lunches were healthier and better tasting. Garden City is a city and school system to be proud of.

the principal does not listen to anyone but her friends that work there or a parent that work's there,everybody else is just out of luck and you just can not wait until your child is out of that school!!!!!!!!! Menendez

Last modified Douglas Elementary 3-4 Campus is a Public school that serves grades 3-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.