Gaylord, MI

Gaylord Intermediate School 5

Posted May 14, 2012
We loved this school. As a military family who has to move around a lot my son had the privilege to attend this school for 4th-6th grades and he had a fantastic experience. We enjoyed and appreciated every teacher he had. He became very involved, made lots of friends and excelled. Wish we were still there for my daughter to attend. We loved GIS!

Gaylord Intermediate School 0

Posted October 21, 2009
Gaylord school is an exciting, challenging,fun place to work. The students are; challenged in the academics, there is one before-school activity to help keep our students fit, however we would like to add more options for our students. People care about each other at Gaylord Intermediate school!

Gaylord Intermediate School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
The teachers are awesome, They truly care about the kids!!!

Gaylord Intermediate School 1

Posted December 12, 2008

Gaylord Intermediate School 4

Posted May 07, 2008

Gaylord Intermediate School 5

Posted December 15, 2005
I just read one of the comments on this school and must disagree.I've had two boys go thru this school and felt that the teachers did all possible to make sure that the kids are ready to move on to middle school. The way they advance students from being young 4th graders to responsible 6th graders is impressive. I thought the teachers were very committed to providing the best education possible. Great Job. Remember that parent involvement is also key in a child's success!Can't wait for child #3 to get here.

Gaylord Intermediate School 4

Posted April 08, 2004
I've had 5 children through the Gaylord District. Two of them were ADHD with Learning Disabilities. I found Gaylord to be excellent in their curriculum, professionalism and communication skills with parents and children. Special Ed classes and teachers went beyond my expectations. Office staff is cheerful and helpful. The only thing I disliked was the way teacher conferences were arranged in the gym and a parent had to try and hurry to meet all the teachers - this never happens with 5 kids, lol - individual scheduling works better in my opinion.

Gaylord Intermediate School 3

Posted February 28, 2004
I feel this school has potential. The teachers need to make a greater effoot to teach the kids the basics. Follow through is not evident. Kids fall through the cracks to easy. By sixth grade they should be ready to move up to middle school, many aren't. It is too easy to let the kids just get by move on even though they don't have the knowledge or study skills to succeed in the higher grades.

Gaylord Intermediate School
240 East 4th Street, Gaylord, MI  49735
Last modified Gaylord Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gaylord Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top