Anderson Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2014
I really am happy with Anderson. I recently moved my child from one class to another, but Mrs. Watkins was supportive in this. She is very involved with daily student activities. There are great teachers there, as well : Ms. Wheeler and Ms. Jablonski, just to name a couple. Yes, the parents could be more involved, and that would make it a better school. However, everyone likes to co,plain rather than try to make things better.

Anderson Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2014
It is very sad that this school has such poor leadership. There are some great teachers who try really hard and really love the kids but they have no support. Parents are basically always wrong and even falsely accused of things. The principal only does what she wants and does not accept any suggestions. This school could be a much better place if it had a leader who had the kids best interest in mind. I know of seven families that live within a quarter of a mile from the school that send their kids to other Grand Blanc Schools.

Anderson Elementary School 1

Posted September 08, 2013
Thought it was a great school until I learned a teacher was reading "50 Shades of Grey" on the school bus for one of their field trips. Seems highly inappropriate for a Kindergarten teacher.

Anderson Elementary School 4

Posted June 30, 2013
It's a pretty good school. My child is happy, though the teacher last year, who teaches "Young Fives" is not very good with communicating back and forth. I am happy though with my child's education, though still young, and not learning anything difficult quite yet. Hoping for a better teacher this upcoming school year. I think the school is interactive and they make it fun for children to learn and participate, whether in the classroom, the library, or the cafeteria. The librarian knew my child by name, which I liked, and they do father/daughter dances, and mother/son picnics each year, which is great for the family to get involved.

Posted April 19, 2013
This is my son's third year at Anderson and I have been very pleased with every teacher he's had. Teachers have communicated with me in ways that worked well for me (email, etc.) and they talked with me to resolve problems. My son has thrived here. I haven't had any issues with the principal. I see many complaining that "parental involvement is not encouraged". The way I see it: if you're a parent who wants to be involved, then be involved. The end.

Anderson Elementary School 3

Posted February 18, 2013
I am rating Anderson Elementary a 3 because the many of the teachers are great. They are understanding if you have a child that needs extra help and attention. However, my family has been at the school for 5 years now (2 kids 3 years apart) and I can truly say that the principal there has no respect for the parents. If you offer to help but don't share her ideas you will not be welcome. She talks to the parents as if they are the children or uneducated. If you question her about what she is telling you she gets upset. I only allowed my youngest boy to go to the school because of the teachers. Since for the most part I don't have to have anything to do with the principal or the partnership (which is 100% run by the principal) I feel my younger son if learning a lot and enjoying his teacher and classmates. Or the three is for great teachers - but a horrible principal and partnership (PTA).

Anderson Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2012
First off my son is the in the kindergarten there, and his teacher is Mr. Riccobono. Mr. R has done a terrible job this year. I understand he has a classroom with a lot of high needs students, but he has dropped the ball on several occasions. He's unorganized, slow to unresponsive to emails, and always seems too rushed to have a conversation. His behavioral management in a classroom is unacceptable, as he does a lot of yelling. His daily citizenship grades that come home with the students is a poor tool for measuring behavior on a daily basis... All in all... if I knew what we were getting into with this guy we would have ran the other way. On top of that... I'm not pleased with the principal either. Mr. White... the custodian... HE ROCKS!!!!

Posted April 30, 2012
Anderson has a strong principal that is a great leader. When you ask her for help she is there for you. Anderson has wonderful teachers that care for the students and the school follows the state standards.

Posted April 30, 2012
This school has an overall wonderful staff, the teachers are great, the principal is great, and the support staff is great. I really like how the principal will take the time to come out of her office and interact with each classroom personally. My sons love her and so do I, I really love the fact that she puts the kids first.

Anderson Elementary School 3

Posted March 29, 2012
This school has wonderful teachers. Mr. Riccobono is a wonderful kindergarten teacher. I also like Mr. Nicholas (1st grade) and Mrs. Callahan, but I think all the teachers are good. The problem is the principal. I have not met a single parent or volunteer who liked her. Thank goodness when my kids were there, she was usually nowhere to be seen. I think Jodi ran things. The one good thing she did was to have the walking track built. It was because she wanted to keep the weight off,but it was good for the kids.

Anderson Elementary School
5290 Leroy Street, Grand Blanc, MI  48439
Last modified Anderson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Anderson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top