Bad
Good

My children have been in Anderson since kindergarten and I am so happy with the support the staff gives to the kids. My oldest loved both his teachers there. Great staff!

This is the second year my son has gone to Anderson and I love it! The teachers there are awesome and have great communication with the parents. I however am not sure about the music teacher as she always leaves poor comments on my sons report card and he's only been in young fives and kindergarten and the parking lot can be crazy at drop off and especially pick up time.

I have a child who goes to Anderson elementary. The teacher that my child has had so far has been great. Communicates great and puts her foot down When needed and a lot of children need that. Teachers put up with a lot and I respect her because of that. The support system is very good there. They have done everything in the book they could to go that extra mile in helping my child. The only thing that eliminated one star is the principal Mrs. Watkins. She is very rude. I don't know why she has hatred towards a lot of parents but she does. You can say hi or ask her how she is doing and she will literally look at you and walk away. Very poor leadership in the principal. If they had a more open minded, patient principal this school would be almost 5 star. Also I've noticed if your child isn't acting like a angel a lot of the teachers talk amongst each other about them. Too bad.

I really am happy with Anderson. I recently moved my child from one class to another, but Mrs. Watkins was supportive in this. She is very involved with daily student activities. There are great teachers there, as well : Ms. Wheeler and Ms. Jablonski, just to name a couple. Yes, the parents could be more involved, and that would make it a better school. However, everyone likes to co,plain rather than try to make things better.

It is very sad that this school has such poor leadership. There are some great teachers who try really hard and really love the kids but they have no support. Parents are basically always wrong and even falsely accused of things. The principal only does what she wants and does not accept any suggestions. This school could be a much better place if it had a leader who had the kids best interest in mind. I know of seven families that live within a quarter of a mile from the school that send their kids to other Grand Blanc Schools.

Thought it was a great school until I learned a teacher was reading "50 Shades of Grey" on the school bus for one of their field trips. Seems highly inappropriate for a Kindergarten teacher.

It's a pretty good school. My child is happy, though the teacher last year, who teaches "Young Fives" is not very good with communicating back and forth. I am happy though with my child's education, though still young, and not learning anything difficult quite yet. Hoping for a better teacher this upcoming school year. I think the school is interactive and they make it fun for children to learn and participate, whether in the classroom, the library, or the cafeteria. The librarian knew my child by name, which I liked, and they do father/daughter dances, and mother/son picnics each year, which is great for the family to get involved.

This is my son's third year at Anderson and I have been very pleased with every teacher he's had. Teachers have communicated with me in ways that worked well for me (email, etc.) and they talked with me to resolve problems. My son has thrived here. I haven't had any issues with the principal. I see many complaining that "parental involvement is not encouraged". The way I see it: if you're a parent who wants to be involved, then be involved. The end.

I am rating Anderson Elementary a 3 because the many of the teachers are great. They are understanding if you have a child that needs extra help and attention. However, my family has been at the school for 5 years now (2 kids 3 years apart) and I can truly say that the principal there has no respect for the parents. If you offer to help but don't share her ideas you will not be welcome. She talks to the parents as if they are the children or uneducated. If you question her about what she is telling you she gets upset. I only allowed my youngest boy to go to the school because of the teachers. Since for the most part I don't have to have anything to do with the principal or the partnership (which is 100% run by the principal) I feel my younger son if learning a lot and enjoying his teacher and classmates. Or the three is for great teachers - but a horrible principal and partnership (PTA).

First off my son is the in the kindergarten there, and his teacher is Mr. Riccobono. Mr. R has done a terrible job this year. I understand he has a classroom with a lot of high needs students, but he has dropped the ball on several occasions. He's unorganized, slow to unresponsive to emails, and always seems too rushed to have a conversation. His behavioral management in a classroom is unacceptable, as he does a lot of yelling. His daily citizenship grades that come home with the students is a poor tool for measuring behavior on a daily basis... All in all... if I knew what we were getting into with this guy we would have ran the other way. On top of that... I'm not pleased with the principal either. Mr. White... the custodian... HE ROCKS!!!!

Last modified Anderson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2