Public charter
Grand Blanc, MI

Woodland Park Academy 4

Posted February 11, 2015
We wanted to send my daughter to a private school, but because of cost, we were not able. When we visited Woodlad Park Academy, we knew this would be a good choice. It was small classes, and the children in the class we visited were very well behaved. In the five years of schooling here, I have met some fabulous teachers, and a great principal. They were all so helpful in teaching my daughter, and working with us to teach her. I would notice as we would walk down the hall, teachers would pass by and say "HI" to my daughter by name even the ones in lower or higher grades. I know this school is not perfect, but what school is!!! If you are looking for a school with an atmosphere of learning where teachers enjoying teaching their students, then Woodland Park Academy is for you. Take a day and visit the school, the classes and see if you don't see what I saw.

Posted February 02, 2015
This school is phenomonal! Every teacher there knows my children by name. My daughter is in Kindergarten and my son in 3rd grade. The entire school cares about them and helps with their success, not just their teacher. I would definitely refer anyone to this school. Another plus is the open realationship, I as a parent, have with the teachers and administration. I can always talk about concerns, ideas, etc. with anyone including the "principal". I love them!!!!

Posted January 27, 2015
I picked this school 4 years ago because of its fine arts and small charter school appeal. The school had so much more to offer then I first expected. I was able to enroll all 4 of my children in one school which was very important to me. The school offers K-8 and with only 2 classes per grade. Every teacher cares so much. Over the 4 years since we started we have met some talented, encouraging, hardworking and dedicated teachers. I have one child with special needs and each year he has been enabled to grow and encouraged to succeeded due to the environment that his teachers have created. He feels that the teacher have taught that every student has something that makes them who they are so he doesn't ever feel singled out or different. The staff always make an effort to answer any question that I have and resolve any problems that arise. The administration is open and transparent. I feel like I have a voice in my children's education.

Posted January 17, 2015
Woodland Park Academy is a wonderful option for parents looking for an alternative to the overcrowded public schools in our area. The class sizes are kept small, allowing the outstanding teachers to give more quality time to the students. The current director does an amazing job, and is dedicated to bettering the school at every opportunity. He actively seeks out parental involvement and input, and has an open door policy. He is always willing to listen, and implements changes to better the learning environment. The atmosphere at Woodland Park is so positive, as well. Everyone is smiling and happy. It feels like home when we are there. My son enjoys school, and looks forward to going every day. Last year, WPA started using a new math curriculum, called Singapore Math. It is a highly rated and highly effective math curriculum that is not taught in the public schools.The school has a proactive and unique approach to behavior management that routinely teaches the students to be responsible for their attitudes and their actions. There is an active PTO, after-school dance class, basketball, and more art and music than the public schools offer. WPA is a wonderful and unique school.

Posted January 23, 2014
Nothing is perfect But this school actually comes close. I love Woodland Park . So does my daughter. They have exceeded my expectations greatly . My daughter loves going to school. They do not take kindly to bullies and they are very strict when it comes to that. I wish they went higher than the 8th grade. Their programs are wonderful the principle is wonderful so are the staff they really care for the children and their not treated like school property they are actually loved and care for here. Parents are more than welcome anytime to call or check in with the school or even volunteer and is actually desired highly .You can rest assured your child is safe here rather than any other school . They are wonderful at teaching and letting children know the importance of each other and the balance of academics They are truly GREAT!!!!!

Posted September 07, 2012
My Daughter Comes home everyday and tells me something she learned in her kindergarten class ...instead of getting that i don't know answer when i ask her . I get numbers and letter's song's and a smile! - 2012 school year williamsfamily

Posted March 31, 2011
My son is currently attending WPA and is doing a wonderful job! He and I both love the staff and all the school offers for the students. He is able to take piano lessons right at the school. They also offer dance and strings classes, I have never seen that anywhere else. WPA is more than a school to us, it is a part of our family!

Posted September 14, 2010
The teachers at WPA are wonderful and really care about the kids. And genuinely want to work with the parents to help kids be all they can be. I personally left my local district 5 years ago because they perferred that parents drop of the kids and leave. The less the parents were involed it seemed the better for them. That was not ok with me. Since I have been at WPA I have been encouraged to help out whenever and wherever I can. The entire staff is fantastic and they welcome parent participation. I hope that WPA will be able to expand to 9th-12th grade so I never have to return to my local district for high school. WPA is the best.

Woodland Park Academy

Posted October 04, 2009
They have the absolute best staff in the world, you can tell that every teacher there truly loves children and teaching. They also have a structured, respectful and fun learning environment. WPA is the totsl package!

Posted August 01, 2009
After pre-k-1st grade in 2 public schools (1 which closed), WPA is a welcome change. All teachers and staff are helpful and really nice. It's a great school environment, small and personal. They continuously work at providing better classes, activities, etc. for students.

Woodland Park Academy
2083 Grand Blanc Road, Grand Blanc, MI  48439
Last modified Woodland Park Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Park Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top