Posted January 23, 2014
Nothing is perfect But this school actually comes close. I love Woodland Park . So does my daughter. They have exceeded my expectations greatly . My daughter loves going to school. They do not take kindly to bullies and they are very strict when it comes to that. I wish they went higher than the 8th grade. Their programs are wonderful the principle is wonderful so are the staff they really care for the children and their not treated like school property they are actually loved and care for here. Parents are more than welcome anytime to call or check in with the school or even volunteer and is actually desired highly .You can rest assured your child is safe here rather than any other school . They are wonderful at teaching and letting children know the importance of each other and the balance of academics They are truly GREAT!!!!!

Posted March 31, 2011
My son is currently attending WPA and is doing a wonderful job! He and I both love the staff and all the school offers for the students. He is able to take piano lessons right at the school. They also offer dance and strings classes, I have never seen that anywhere else. WPA is more than a school to us, it is a part of our family!

Posted September 14, 2010
The teachers at WPA are wonderful and really care about the kids. And genuinely want to work with the parents to help kids be all they can be. I personally left my local district 5 years ago because they perferred that parents drop of the kids and leave. The less the parents were involed it seemed the better for them. That was not ok with me. Since I have been at WPA I have been encouraged to help out whenever and wherever I can. The entire staff is fantastic and they welcome parent participation. I hope that WPA will be able to expand to 9th-12th grade so I never have to return to my local district for high school. WPA is the best.

Posted October 04, 2009
They have the absolute best staff in the world, you can tell that every teacher there truly loves children and teaching. They also have a structured, respectful and fun learning environment. WPA is the totsl package!

Posted August 01, 2009
After pre-k-1st grade in 2 public schools (1 which closed), WPA is a welcome change. All teachers and staff are helpful and really nice. It's a great school environment, small and personal. They continuously work at providing better classes, activities, etc. for students.

Posted March 11, 2009
My son excels academically and was not served as a gifted student by the Grand Blanc Schools. WPA allows him to nourish his gift while providing and early intervention program to those who struggle. It is a very tight nit school community and LOTS of parent involvement is expected. Rules and discipline are strict, so if you have had disciplinary problems at other schools this would NOT be the place for you. If you are an involved parent raising a socially responsible child-you won't find a better fit. Gifted or struggling WPA takes learning personally, not generically. We have loved it here.

Posted December 31, 2008
I am very impressed with how this school treats the children and their parents. Unlike public school last year, they really seem to care! They deal with the day to day issues between the students before they become a major problem. My child enjoys going to school for the 1st time in several years!

Posted October 22, 2008
WPA is okay--it's better than most schools in the area because there is a balance of many different ethnicities with a pretty good learning environment. When we switched to WPA the focus was on music, and that is really much less true than now, which is too bad, although it is still possible to study music there. Overall it's pretty good. wish they had a schoolbus.

Posted May 25, 2008
This school is a great place. academically strong and creatively strong. Excellant field trips! It saved my daughter she loved learning but our previous school had no support for her. THIS school is totally able and willing to help and develop students

Woodland Park Academy 4

Posted January 23, 2008
My daughter just started, I can already notice a huge difference on how much she loves school.

Woodland Park Academy
2083 Grand Blanc Road, Grand Blanc, MI  48439
Last modified Woodland Park Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Park Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top