Grand Haven, MI

Lakeshore Middle School 1

Posted October 08, 2014
This school never corrects its problems. Drop-off for students at the school has been a mess for years. The new Auschwitz-inspired system at the north end of the building is terrible. Takes 20 minutes to snake through the 8-foot chain link and concrete bunkers while traffic backs up on the surrounding streets. Nothing that far out is cleared in the winter so the kids are walking across ice and over snow mounds across the lot and over the road FINALLY getting to the school. Let the kids get dropped off in the south lot next to the building and let the STAFF park way out there and see how long this system lasts. And when you try to drop your kids off closer to the school on a side street, they sick the local cops on you even though there are no signs restricting parking. What a disgrace! And to think I voted "Yes" on the last bond issue for student safety enhancements! NEVER AGAIN!

Lakeshore Middle School 2

Posted September 14, 2014
This school is corrupt at core. It is very unfortunate that the teachers are blinded by it. The the 8th grade teachers are great, but the 7th grade teachers are horrible. However, it is not the teachers that are corrupt. I'm in 8th grade now, but my seventh grade was horrible. Honestly, I felt like I was treated like dirt. The staff, and administration especially acted like we were horrible people. I was and still am a good student with good judgement, and even I was treated poorly. There was many days when I would come home steaming mad, because of how I felt I was treated. I have also seen many people accused of something silly and get in major trouble for it. I believe this school needs to re think how people deserve to be treated. Because this school is corrupt, any new or even current student needs to be very cautious with what they say and do. I also believe principal leadership needs to be rated 2 or 3 stars max.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 02, 2011
I am an advanced student at lakeshore MS and this school has gone above and beyond to meet my needs. A great school in a great commutity.

Posted January 25, 2010

Lakeshore Middle School 1

Posted May 18, 2008

Lakeshore Middle School 0

Posted May 06, 2008
Lakeshore Middle School is an amazing school. Kids feel connected, safe, and like they belong. Teachers, students, and parents work diligently together to make this happen. The teachers are rigorous and 'dialed in' to what is best for kids. There is a 'warm' feeling when you enter LMS. It is clear that the students respect the staff and the staff respects the students in return. I cannot say enough about LMS.

Lakeshore Middle School 4

Posted February 06, 2008
This is a great school. after school activities really blew me away! all around great!

Posted February 06, 2004

Lakeshore Middle School
900 Cutler Street, Grand Haven, MI  49417
Last modified Lakeshore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeshore Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top