Grand Haven, MI
Students enrolled: 1,833

Posted March 20, 2014
I have had three children graduate from Grand Haven High School. All of them loved their school and their teachers. As a parent, I am thankful for the wonderful education that all three of them received. Our youngest has just finished her Master's degree. She has always loved to learn and that is because she has had wonderful teachers.

Posted December 25, 2013
A very highly supported high school and educational system by the community and parents etc and the various school rating venues notice and reflect it. GHHS is a very fine top ranking school of learning and adult development academically for college and/or the student's adult life. Also has been awarded nearly every year for being the best in "sportsmanship" in the state in their athletic programs and that also says something. The team's in the entire school district are coached as being "a Family" and that's just how the teams act from grade school thru high school. GHHS is a quite large public high school with an enrollment of between 1800 and 2000 yearly for grades 9 thru 12 on it's more than 100 acre huge campus. Yet has a very good teacher/student ratio as that's important. GHHS has a very rich history of state and national championships and honors in both academics and sports programs now and over it's close to 150 year existence. I'm also extremely proud to be a graduate of Grand Haven High School many many years ago. What a great foundation was learned there which set the tone for a very happy and productive adult life! Winning in life starts early!

Posted January 26, 2011
When considering school districts, check to see how many tutoring centers ( ie. Sylvan, Kumon, etc) are located within the city/district. We recently moved from an equally high test-score district that does not compare. Here the teachers do the teaching. In our previous district, parents supplemented their child's education. Some districts are fine with mediocre teaching, because they know the parents will do whatever it takes for their child.

Posted January 24, 2011
Looking back as a college student, I am so glad I went to Grand Haven! I'm thankful for the safe learning environment it provided, and for all the passion and wonderful teachers I had during my four years there! They helped me become a more confident person with my professors here at MSU, and I feel prepared with all my assignments. In fact, I find I'm ahead of many other freshman here, in terms of work ethic and the quality of work because of the level I was held to at Grand Haven! Go Bucs, and Go Green! -A former alum, class of 2010

Grand Haven High School 1

Posted October 15, 2009

Grand Haven High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Great students, teacher, administration, coaches, etc. Just like family. Save & fun. Great opportunities. Bucaneer pride!

Grand Haven High School 2

Posted June 19, 2009

Posted March 27, 2008
I absolutely love Grand Haven High school. I had to transfer schools until the rest of the year. I was very bummed out and now I miss that school more than ever. The teachers are great and the atmosphere is very welcoming. To me, no other high school measures up to Grand Haven High School.

Grand Haven High School 4

Posted February 04, 2008
Personally i think that this school is too small for the amount of students it has. However it is a fantastic school for the classes that it offers, sports, choirs, and bands. So i guess that it being a little small is just something you deal with to have great classes and great teachers.

Posted November 19, 2007

Grand Haven High School
17001 Ferris Street, Grand Haven, MI  49417
Last modified Grand Haven High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grand Haven High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top