Bad
Good

I came to the school on field day to find my 5 year old standing in the parking lot alone! When I confronted the staff, I was told that she should know better and they would take care of her misbehavior!! Terrible school!

I have one child who has graduated from Willow Ridge, and another that is still attending, and I must say that it is an excellent school. I am unsure about the experience that the previous poster had regarding students with learning disabilities, but I have found the opposite to be true. My children both have ADHD and one has vision issues, and the support they receive in the classroom and with the specialists within the school is outstanding and both have improved in their learning capabilities tremendously since attending. This is an excellent school and I wouldn't have my children attend elementary school anywhere else.

If your child has a learning disability forget it.. Principal not willing to help at all, blows off all concerns. Doesnt want to be bothered by parents concerns about teachers. Not so sure about the other reviewer... pretty sure he doesnt know or care about my child attending Willow Ridge. Teachers 1-3 grade Wonderful! Upper elementary terrible!!!! No extra help for the kids that need it, communication to parents poor! Someone should do something to help Grand Ledge schools they are FAILING! Serious improvements are needed. Cannot wait for my child to be done at Willow Ridge. Hoping for better experience at Hayes.

Great school and excellent teachers, My kids are attending willow ridge since 3 years. My kids are improved lot teachers are very helpful. Dr.Johnson is wonderful princepal and he take cares each and every body in the school.

I really appreciate the teachers and cirriculum at Willow Ridge. This facility also boasts a wonderful kindergarten setting for the chirldren's first year in elementary school.

The teachers and staff at Willow Ridge are fantastic. Great school

All three of my children have attended Willow Ridge Elementary and we love it. The teaching staff is wonderful. There isn't a bad teacher in the bunch. All the employees are friendly and approachable and truely care about the well being of your children. The classrooms are large, but the staff does a wonderful job and my kids are doing very well. The principle knows all 400 + students by name and always recognizes me as 'so and so's mom' which says that he is hands on in the building. Every teacher, staff member and student is expected to go by the 5 standards to live by; truth, trust, personal best, respect and active listening. This is emphasized every day during announcements. I would definately recommend this school to anyone.

School is ok, my niece likes this school. But the children of the school are not very nice to minority children like herself. The class sizes are large but I do feel like my niece is learning.

If your child has a learning disability, the principal does not want to help you. He will think of any excuse to remove your child from the school.

I have had a great experience at willow ridge. The teachers have gone over-and-above their job title, even offering special tutor time with the children. Dr. Johnson has also been an encyclopedia of information for me. I haven't seen anything about dr. Johnson that the other parents have said. I did ask for information and was open to the insight they gave me. I was worried about sending my children to public school, but this school is a great environment for my children. The key is to be involved in your child's schooling!

Last modified Willow Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.