PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted May 20, 2015
I am not from this area. I grew up in a small community in the Flint area. When my it was time for my youngest daughter to start school, we wanted a religious education but were worried about the cost. First, the staff at this school is amazing. I have felt like part of the family that is St Michaels since the day we started going there. Second, the cost is so very reasonable and there are programs offered if it seems out of reach. Third, Bell (my daughter) has learned so much about our Lord and Savior in the small time she has went there. And lastly, the school itself is kept up very well. I am so excited to have Bell continue her early education here!

Posted May 20, 2015
I can't say enough wonderful things about this school. I am very proud to have gone here as a kid and even prouder to have my son get his education and values from St. Michael Parish School. The new principal now has two years under her belt and has made a great school even better. PTO and teachers are engaged with the kids and parents. Our son has been in the preschool program thru first grade and looking forward to second. Small, family like atmosphere and everyone benefits from the great teachers and virtues taught every day. They even have a great daycare on site both before and after school. It doesn't get much better than St. Michael Parish School!

St Michael Parish School 1

Posted August 12, 2013
My kindergarten child was badly bullied by a child with emotional issues. The bullying included several chokings and many graphic death threats. The principal suspended the problem child several times, but he was always permitted to come back. The bullying continued through the second last day of school when he put his hand down her pants. The problem child was permitted to continue at this school. The school failed to keep my child safe, and she developed stomach issues for the last several months she was there. I felt that my concerns fell on deaf ears, and, I transferred my child to another parochial school, where she is doing well. This is not the first instance of ineffective disciplinary response at this school, and I know of other children who have transferred to other schools for similar reasons. The enrollment at this school is declining, and classes are being combined. The principal retired, and I don't know if the school will turnaround, but I can not recommend it.

Posted September 17, 2007
St Michael school is the best school you will find for your child. The principal, teachers, priest and support staff are very caring individuals who are committed to each child that attends the school. I have 3 boys at St Michael and we feel very blessed to have found the school. It is so comforting to bring the children to a school where we are confident that they are being treated with love and respect on a daily basis. The children receive a top notch education in addition to learning personal life skills that will assist them in their life forever. The St Michael School is very family oriented where all are welcome. I highly encourage parents to visit the school. An education at St Michael School is a gift to give to your children that will remain with them into their future.

Posted June 11, 2007
I have 4 children that attend this school. I can not imagine a better elementary experience for my children. The classes are small, teachers are caring, supportive and encourage excellence in each student. I also look forward to sending them to the middle school. The academics are challenging, the children leave this school and are academically ahead of the public school children.

St Michael Parish School
325 Edwards Street, Grand Ledge, MI  48837
Last modified St Michael Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8