Public charter
Grand Rapids, MI

West Mi Academy Of Environmental Science 1

Posted October 22, 2014
This school is little more than a sub-par daycare. The children are not properly supervised on the playground and the 'technology' class is little more than playtime on a computer. I am amazed that this is considered a public school in line with traditional schools.

West Mi Academy Of Environmental Science 1

Posted October 02, 2014
I had a friend send me this link as kind of an inside joke. I think it's great for those of you had a good experience and believe WMAES is a good school. I won't get into all the horrible experiences I had here. I'll just say this was not the school for my children.

Posted October 01, 2014
As a parent of 2 children attending WMAES, I have been very pleased with our experience. The teachers have been very helpful, and encourage parents to be as involved as possible with academic achievements of students. With the accelerated curriculum, yes, it does get difficult for students at times- but there are many resources to help those students who are having a difficult time. I'm glad I chose WMAES for my children's education, and look forward to many more years!

Posted October 01, 2014
WMAES, unlike most schools, does not believe in SOCIAL PROMOTION. This is when students are passed on to the next grade level or progression of courses for the mere fact they are one year older. This eventually leads to students that cannot master grade level content and either drop out of school or are graduated from high school with under-developed skills that will not let them compete or even survive in today s society. This is the primary reason our education system has failed our children and WMAES wants nothing to do with it. Students are given the opportunity, at no financial cost, to attend summer school and catch-up with their fellow students at their grade level. Sometimes this works and other times it is just not enough time to catch the student up to grade level. Regardless, WMAES is making every effort to only promote students that are prepared to move to the next grade level with the needed academic skills to succeed. Kudo s to WMAES for doing the right thing.

West Mi Academy Of Environmental Science 2

Posted September 30, 2014
Absolutely do not send your kids here. Teachers and principal are unwilling to work for the best intrest of your child. I'm a very involved parent, but WMAES makes it very difficult with their "there's only one way attitude." I can not believe how many kids who have been held back at this school or had to attend Summer school (thankfully not mine). I know it sounds crazy, but it's almost like it's set up for them to fail.....More money for the school??? I don't know, but do your selves a favor and keep looking.

Posted April 16, 2014
I attened WMAES from 3rd Grade all the way up until I graduated. All of my siblings will graduate from WMAES. My little brother started there in kindergarten. This is theeeee bessssst school ever. The teachers are great, they never allowed us to give up. If we couldnt do something they strive to help us, giving up wasnt an option. They only want the best for us. When I was struggling with work in highschool my middle school teachers were even offering to help me on homework and help tutor me. I couldnt be more blessed to have been to such a great school. WMAES is definitely a great school all the way around. Im so happy my mom enrolled me there Thanks to all my Teachers & to the principal Mr.Morgan.

Posted April 16, 2014
I have two daughters who atten WMAES; One in Pre-K, the other in first grade. I can't even explain in words how much my family loves this school. Coming from a public school I see so many differences and improvemrnts in their education. My daughters both love science, technology, Spanish, and gym class. What we like most is that the teacher incorporate outdoor activities with each subject, including math and English classes! Outdoor activies intrigue my children which makes them more excited about learning new things. I love when they come home and tell me about their day! Sometimes, I even learn fun things from them that they've learned from their teachers and other classmates. I highly recommend this school! The WMAES staff is absolutely wonderful!

Posted March 09, 2014
my daugther has attended WMAES since 2nd grade. I moved her here from public school. She is now in 4th grade and loves everything about this school. I decided to try this school because my daughter had so many friends attending this school from her soccer team. The parents spoke highly of the school and how the students are so connected to the environment. This school has lots of hands on learning not just reading from text books all day. The students are challenged and able to explore the world right on the acres of the school grounds. One thing that I LOVE is powerschool. Every monday if you are signed up you get weekly emails about your students performance in the classroom. Its a total break down class by class assignment by assignment so you will now if you'e student did not turn something in. If your students grades do drop they attend what is called Academic Acceleration for more study time. They strive for success and keep the parents involved. I could have not picked a better school for my daughter. I encourage you to check it out for yourself if your interested. Every school is not for every student. One this I HATE is the paring lot at 745am am 237. ;/

Posted February 26, 2014
I attended W.M.A.E.S from 9th-12th grade. I played varsity sports there and loved all of my teachers. They are all friendly and welcoming. The staff cares about our education and helping us grow. The outdoors is amazing and very beautiful. Overall this is one of the best schools I ever attended.

Posted February 21, 2014
This is our 4th year with WMAES and we couldn't be happier with the school. The teachers and support staff are beyond AMAZING !! We are looking forward to the years to come!!

West Mi Academy Of Environmental Science
4463 Leonard Street Northwest, Grand Rapids, MI  49534
Last modified West Mi Academy Of Environmental Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Mi Academy Of Environmental Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top