Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Excellent school to send your child. They have great teachers and staff. The teachers have helped my child succeed in school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

EVERY TEACHER in this school has been unique and wonderful for my daughter. Mrs Kelly this year is unreal. I worry she does too much! Her joy is contagious and the amount of respect the kids have for her is so amazing. She never raises her voice. She seeks out opportunities to congratulate and notice the good work kids are doing.

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughters teacher says 30 mins after school and no tears. We have established a routine of 30 mins after school and it has taught my daughter great study habits

Develops character: Strongly agree

Each and every teacher, secretary, lunch lady, janitor acts the way they expect the students to act. Could not ask for a better school!

Amazing...a true treasure to parents who want private school education but can't afford it! This school is beyond all expectations. The teachers are involved and engaged . The principal is a true leader. The diversity is just what I was looking for. It models the real world.

I am an alumni from this school, The teachers will make no effort to help your student. If you aren't a very "religious christian" the staff in the office will talk about you behind your back. If your student struggles with certain subjects, unless they're in need of special education, they will make no effort to help them to acheive. Instead, they will tell you at conferences how poorly your child is doing and they'll speak to you as if they have done everything that they can to help them when they havent. The dress code is absolutely rediculous, if your child wears a skirt or any type of shorts that go more than 3 inches above the knee (they measure with a sticky note) they will either send them home, or make them change into some other clothes they have laying around in a bag. The science fair projects that they'll make your child do are too advanced for 5th-8th graders. Don't get me wrong, only 2 of the teachers I've liked there, the rest of them have no sympathy. I believe one year, a students father died or something like that & they made school end an hour early for a student I didnt even know to be able to go to the funeral, but if it was your child who has just experienced a death in the family they would expect your child to be in school no matter what. I understand that there is a long waiting list to get into this school, but honestly it's not worth it. They also claim to prepare your child for a high school carreer when nothing that they have taught me has prepared me for high school at all. Enroll at your own risk.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They do not develop honesty, integrity, and fairness. Some of the staff is fine, the rest of them are rude and snotty acting if you don't "fit in with them" and their "church groups." It seems like you have to be perfect people to get any respect there.

I am a student and it is a great school. I'm in 8th grade and I love that the teachers talk to us like more than their students. I am also able to go down and help in a 1st grade classroom during the day and that is fun! The only bad thing is, in the middle school there have been a lot of fights this year. A lot more than previous years.

Our son is in 4th grade, and his 2nd year at Excel. He requires a little extra help with some subjects, and also with concentration and text anxiety. His teachers and the staff have always had good communication with us on his progress, and have worked with us very well in trying things to help him. We have been very happy with our experience there, and plan on sending our daughter once she is school-age.

We are in our 5th year at Excel. It is a great school with great teachers and staff. It feels like an extended family to us. I love the culture and diversity of the school, along with the moral focus. The education/curriculum is top notch. Every year there is something new for each grade to experience themselves, creating fun anticipation for the coming year. We recommend Excel to all our friends with school age children.

Last modified Excel Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.