Public charter
Grand Rapids, MI
After care: No

Excel Charter Academy 2

Posted April 22, 2014
If you have a "normal" child, this is a okay school to send them to. If your child has any special needs, look for a different school.

Posted February 23, 2014
Our child was in Kindergarten and he is in 8 grade now. We love this school because the teachers all work well and show caring with their students. They are serious in their academic teaching. The principal at this Excel school has a great admiration from the parents and students as well. We love Excel and the staff members! Highly recommend this school to friends and others.

Excel Charter Academy 3

Posted November 03, 2013
This is a great school if your child can learn in a very generic at your desk all day reading textbook style. One of my sons does great, my other son has struggled with the curriculum and no other learning options are provided. If you want a school that will adapt to your child's needs this is not the place.

Posted May 06, 2013
Amazing...a true treasure to parents who want private school education but can't afford it! This school is beyond all expectations. The teachers are involved and engaged . The principal is a true leader. The diversity is just what I was looking for. It models the real world.

Posted May 02, 2013
This school has the best staff, leadership, and curriculum. The kids come home happy everyday and want to go back! Many special programs the make this school stand out!

Posted May 02, 2013
Can't say enough about this school... Great leadership, awesome teachers, excellent staff, office, special teachers. Wonderful school.

Posted December 13, 2010
My son is in the 8th grade now, and has been at Excel since kindergarten. We have absolutely loved this school from beginning to end, especially the moral focus aspect of the curriculum. I feel he is well prepared for high school and for life. The academics have been great, but mostly I feel that Excel has helped shape his character. I have found the staff to be very open to parental input. The community is very welcoming, too. We have a terrific group of families!

Posted April 28, 2010
My kid go to this school and we all love it. The teachers provide a great teacher/students relationship to make kids enjoy coming to their class. Weekly Agenda let parents/students know what is teaching in the week and teachers will follow up with parents if their sent home notes or student's online posted grade/missed assigments is unresponding back. School always promotes safety place to our children, teacher will be on the playground , at the gate and any concerning to our kids at school will be address at monthly parents/principal meeting and the principal/staff members will follow up. I like to recommend this school to our parents in Grand Rapids.

Excel Charter Academy 2

Posted April 24, 2010
We were exceptionally pleased with the elementary school, and we sent our kids there for their entire K-5 career. The middle school at Excel is their weak link: the staff treat the students poorly, with little to no respect. The academics did not prepare my oldest child for high school. The moral focus program is not followed by the teachers in the middle school, most especially the 6th grade teachers. It is a tragic truth that everyone knows, but is powerless to change. I would recommend the elementary school highly, and would highly recommend to get your children out of there for middle school

Posted September 30, 2009

Excel Charter Academy
4201 Breton Road Southeast, Grand Rapids, MI  49512
Last modified Excel Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Excel Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top