Posted July 25, 2014
Unfortunately this past school year was quite a fiasco with an assembly line of sub-par administrators marched in and out of the doors. The current administration continues to be less than competent which has resulted in a multitude of instructional staff members considering employment with schools and districts elsewhere. It's no wonder why, with the disrespectful manner in which staff are treated on a daily basis. Hmmm...Amazing that a new "be nice" initiative is going to be introduced next year when clearly the principal and only remaining dean from the previous year, have no idea how to even "be civil". Dear N.H.A., Perhaps if you spent more time analyzing the approval ratings of your building administrators (currently Vista's is the LOWEST of all N.H.A. school's at 6%), rather than collecting millions of dollars in rent for your shabby buildings (see the M-Live Detroit Free Press article) then maybe you would see that the students need teachers that are focused on their education, not on watching their backs! Teacher rating: 5 stars Student rating: 5 stars Parent rating: 5 stars Administration: 0 stars Something just doesn't add up here!

Posted February 28, 2014
There is nothing special about this school. Due to moving and location we sent our children, but pulled them within months to attend an area local public school. They market they have the best academics, but I found this not to be true; they are merely attempting to re-inventing the wheel. There were some wonderful teachers at Vista Charter Academy, but for the most part everything else is sub-par. Not only does the building smell bad when you walk in, but so do my child's classroom - probably due to the old carpet. In addition, it is difficult to have trust & faith in a school when there is so much staff turn-over. This is a tell-tale sign the school does not have it together from the top down. Unfortunately this is probably due mostly to leadership decisions.

Posted October 16, 2012
I have 3 kids that are at vista and we LOVE it. They truly strive for excellence and achieve their mission statement. They celebrate their wonderful diverse community and come along side every student to see them succeed academically.

Posted April 02, 2012
Vista Charter Academy is one of the best schools I have ever worked with. From the caring staff, to the delightful students, to the college preparatory curriculum, the whole Vista family works together to educate the students academically and morally! I have worked with over 10 other charter schools, and hands down the folks at Vista are the best!

Posted June 14, 2011
The Worst school ever The criculuim is way to hard!!! the Food is gross The Classrooms stink but the teachers are nice.

Vista Charter Academy 4

Posted January 29, 2009
We appreciate the moral focus and the advanced curriculumn taught in the charter school system. Vista has proven to be a great schooling environment. We are impressed with the friendliness of the staff and all the hard work they put into helping our child be the best she can be every day.

Vista Charter Academy 4

Posted December 18, 2008
I think Vista is one of the best schools in the Grand Rapids area. They have excellent academic programs and caring teachers and staff.

Posted November 11, 2008
This school is diverse. A true model for America. The moral focus component is a much needed step toward teaching our children how to succeed in our changing world. My daughter is challenged in her classes and the teacher make every effort to work with my husband and I in bring the objectives taught in class into our familiy.

Posted November 11, 2008

Posted October 23, 2008
My son has been attending Vista for 3 years and he loves it. They engage the parents a lot which I think is crucial for a well rounded education.

Vista Charter Academy
711 32nd Street Southeast, Grand Rapids, MI  49548
Last modified Vista Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vista Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top