Bad
Good

i used to go to godwin and let me say i had some difficulties only because of some of the kids there. but most of the kids there are really nice! i made so many friends there i wish i never left. im gonna try to go back to godwin to see my friends. the teachers could do a better job but with all the kids back talking they have a pretty hard job. i do admit when i went there i didnt like the bathrooms because some of them didnt shut and lock so it was uncomfortable. but overall i do miss it and i love the school.

I go to this school... Godwin Heights High School. I am a Senior right now as I type this, and let me tell you, I've never had more problems in my life than what this school has put me through. The staff never communicate with each other and they never communicated with me. They want their students to graduate? Well, I'm failing Chem II because of the kids in that class that don't do their work, they are always talking, they always backtalk to the teacher. It's pathetic, its immature, and its selfish, especially to someone who's trying their hardest to GRADUATE. I love chemistry, I do, its fascinating to me. But I'm lost on Ch. 9, 10, and 11 because the teacher has to stop every two minutes, shout and tell kids to leave the room so he can continue to teach, listen to them disobey, then move on without knowing much of what just happened. If I were you, I'd take your child to another school to be successful, because at Godwin, the kids who think they're too cool for school will be in the way of their learning. You're much better off. Plus, the school is a priority school. It's going to be a private school if the kids don't get their act together. Nothing will improve. Nothing.

This school DOES NOT deserve the bad press it gets! All of my kids excelled at Godwin High. Two have graduated from college. One was accepted to U of M and is still attending. Because it is small, they were able to play most sports & join clubs that they went out for. Few sports have cuts, which are so devastating to kids. Staff is always available & you will find them volunteering their time in numerous kids' activities, not just teaching. The principal is a nice person, but doesn't relate well to staff, kids, or parents and I could see improvement . Kids are awesome. A very racially & ethnically diverse school. Kids don't notice color or nationality Everyone hangs out together. No racial cliques. A friendly community. Parents do volunteer & could do more. in other areas. Most in sports or band boosters

I have heard terrible things about Godwin Heights. They are not true! I have firsthand experience and have seen with my own eyes the closeness of the students whether they be rich or poor, black, white or Hispanic. This district is a melting pot of diversity in socioeconomic, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The students are so accustomed to it that they no longer seem to see one another as different in any way. This school and its people represent everything that we as well-reasoned Americans should hope for in our country. It is true that there are some kids who don't care, there are some parents who raise hell, and there are even some teachers who...gasp... show an occasional movie. There are fights, there are loves, there are even some clicks, but show me one place in the entire country that this is not the case. Come see us for yourself...

I remeber in the good ole days when there were no kid that did not want to go to godwin. Now I see teachers trying to be kids best friends.Then you have office personal telling parents that been long time godwin residents who loved godwin that they need documintion for good students when there are kids walking the streets who hardly go to school and their parents don't care. I have seen numbers of family still in district have their kids go to other schools in area because they have lost faith in our school system. They took ap classes away and took away some sports that kids love and fixed a pool that I can't use as a resident who pays taxes to the school for the ymca can charge me to use a pool that i already paid for so my kids and other kids can use in area

Godwin isn't a terrible school at all. For most the people are nice and there are little in clicks. The school only gets bad rumor from students who think life is terrible. And with all that rumor it spreads to other schools and it is so unnessisary. That happens every where. And with Godwin having so much diversity for the most part we all get along and it leaves no racism. Sure it is different to talk smack about your own school and then hear someone else talking about it. You get mad. I know. But other than the negitave the positive runs on the teachers; the majority of them are amazing. And disaplining has changed so much. M.A.T(Madatory After school Tutoring) was created to help kids in classes and allow them to pass school so they can have a lead in life. Everything is heading in a good direction-Cate(Jr.)

well this school is great the teachers are there when you need help most of the time some of the newer teachers are still getting the hang of it but there chatching on the school is a good school. me an the vice principal get along great an the counclers are awsume if u ever need any thing to yalk about they are always there for you an a freind. its not the school thats bad it mostly the kids i have went to godwin all my life an this is my last year here an the student are very rude an talk a lot of smake but some are awsume you will always find a freind at godwin there are so many types of people here.**$brad cope$**

Over my years here at Godwin I heard how people said that Godwin have gone bad. I disagree, I think people have gone bad not the school. So if what one person makes a mistake. [I]don't blame in on everyones else. I am proud to say I go to Godwin Heights. What do[other schools] have that we don't. But I can tell you one thing. We have everything that [they] do, even more. we have each others.-Lam Luu(junior)

This school is a great district. The system is successful and fulfilling. I beleive that every child deserves a school with sich minority and cultural differences in their lives. Godwin Heights High School is a great school for everyone!

I applaude the Godwin Heights School district!! I believe in the teachers and their system. If it weren't for them and the closesness we shared, my son would not have graduated. Thank You Godwin!!!

Last modified Godwin Heights Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.