Posted November 13, 2014
We are also out of district, It was an exceptional option for our kindergarten. Expect a challenge.

Posted December 11, 2013
I must say that having relocated from another state to GR we made a purposeful choice to enroll our child in GR Montessori. While the building is old and is in need some improvements, it does NOT reflect upon the school. It is very well run. The principal and vice principal are very approachable and professional. The teachers go above and beyond for every student and parent. Our child is LD and the IEP process is stress free! The teachers listen to our concerns and create realistic goals for our child. We couldn't be happier. Also, the parent organization is a great group of people who have made our transition to the Midwest wonderful. They are very active in supporting the school with meetings and fundraisers and are just a fun group. The only reason that I didn't give it 5 stars is that the office secretary is not as professional as the administration and faculty. She is very rude and highly unorganized. But don't let that stop you from looking into this school. You won't regret it.

Posted August 19, 2013
Excellent teachers and well behaved kids who get along with each other across wide age groups. This school is nicely diverse and has a creative community. Self directed learners. my son and daughter love to go to school. I recommend taking a tour to see the classrooms in action.

Posted June 05, 2013
The teacher quality is excellent. They don't just "teach" they involve the students minds and they care, a LOT! It isn't just math that is taught, it is math concepts. Students are eager to learn in such a wonderful peaceful environment. My first grader was welcomed with open arms. In her prior school, students had been too agressive and now she is more peaceful than she has ever been. Also, more successful than she has ever been. She has gained many friendships at North Park Montisori and I hope she will continue to grow at this great school. When adults talk to my first grader, they are amazed how smart she is and how well she can read. Communication is open, honest, and frequent as needed with teachers, receptionist, and Mrs. Sorge. Parents care and they are very involved with their children and the school.

Grand Rapids Montessori Public School 1

Posted May 03, 2013
The Principal (Queen Jones) is awful, she is mean and rude and not friendly. The sec retary (ms harris) has an amazing personality and really fits in well. Just wish the principal would support the staff and teachers. Children do better with rules and structure. Jones has none. She brushes off parent concerns and student issues. I wish they would get a new principal. The assistant principal is no help either. No dicipline!!

Grand Rapids Montessori Public School 3

Posted August 28, 2011
My child use to go here, until the Superintendant fired all of the Montessori Certified teachers Jr High and up. Now the Montessori children had non-certified teachers. I would have loved to keep my child there for HS, but if you cannot keep the system running as it was meant to be, then so be it. The elementary school is still an AA+++ Teacher cert system.

Posted December 29, 2009

Posted November 09, 2009

Grand Rapids Montessori Public School 1

Posted October 20, 2009

Posted May 17, 2009

Grand Rapids Montessori Public School
159 College Avenue Northeast, Grand Rapids, MI  49503
Last modified Grand Rapids Montessori Public School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grand Rapids Montessori Public School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top