Central High School 5

Posted October 13, 2009

Posted January 22, 2009
This school is alright. Most of the times students do not wear their uniforms. Almost all the students are disrespectful to their teachers. This school needs more discipline like Catholic Central High School.

Central High School 0

Posted January 13, 2009
My son enjoys good friends, small centered classrooms, a unique Montessori setting and plays sports with a strong ethic of fairness and good sportsmanship. I appreciate the opportunity to live in the city and have access to this school.

Central High School 4

Posted October 18, 2008
i am a senior at central high school and really enjoyed my years at this school. An there are some really nice an smart teachers at central that were always there to help.The only problems i had at central were security it should be better, an that parents need to get more involved with the school an support central athletics.

Central High School 0

Posted October 01, 2008
I am a parent this is my daughters second year at Central. I truely believe if the parents were more involved in their kids life seeing what they do in school, keeping in touch with the teachers the kids would do much better. I am very involved and I make sure the teachers are just as involved ensuring them that I am serious about her education. When teachers know you are involved they tend too be more willing to help them in a time of need. I think everyone at the school is doing their part its the parents who don't have a clue.

Central High School 1

Posted August 05, 2008

Posted June 28, 2008

Central High School 5

Posted March 01, 2006
- a former student
I graduated from Central High School along with my two brothers and one sister. It was great experience all the way through and wouldn't tell anyone any different. During my last two years, my technology classes traveled to Seattle and New Orleans for technology conferences. Our school was the only school in MI selected for the nationwide conference! For anyone to down a great school like Central, they must remember that most ideas, behavoirs, and discriminations begin at home! Overall my four years at Central will be remembered forever...Mr. Grandy was the best principal the school will ever see, any school.

Posted January 02, 2006
- a former student
Amazing to experience Central as a student, then read the perspective of the parents in these reviews. I graduated from Central High School. And although I wished there were more artistic and cultural programs(obviously lacking because of funding) I think the staff and Administration were doing what they could with the limited resources. In the end, it all breaks down to the individual student, and what they want for themselves. By the time kids attend high school they should already have a sense of what they want to accomplish even if they are still discovering what that may be. As far as racism, there's racism everywhere. I understand that makes school unpleasant but if they aren't exposed to it and then learn how to grow from it(not run away from) It's going to far more unpleasant when they face the less compassionate world after high school. Good Luck.

Posted August 19, 2005
I had taken my oldest daughter out of creston high in the middle of her sophomore because the teachers just didn't care enough to give kids a good education. From the time my daughter first walked into central, the staff made her feel good. The teachers and staff really cared about her education she went from a 2.3 to a 4.0 by her senior year. I have another daughter that is in the tenth grade this year and is doing just as well. I really feel good about the education my daughters received and continue to receive from central. The only thing I didn't like was the graduation. I did not care for the way it was run at all. I felt it was rushed and poorly organized. Our kids spent 13 years working for this and I thought it could of been a better night for them.

Central High School
421 Fountain St NE, Grand Rapids, MI  49503
Last modified Central High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.