Knapp Charter Academy 2

Posted September 19, 2014
I have two boys that attend Knapp Charter...both are struggling very much............all the teachers are beautiful and everyone is young and seems to have endless energy. I chose Knapp even though I have a Public school in my backyard, I am regretting this decision today

Posted June 27, 2014
We are going into our 4th year at KCA and have loved it. The teachers are great. You can tell They their students' best interests in mind. They have a wonderful principal providing a great Example of leadership to his students. The academics are outstanding and the children are Challenged to do their best and set goals to increase their test scores. Last year we bought a house in another Blue Ribbon school district but chose to keep our children at Knapp Because we are so pleased with the school.

Posted September 21, 2013
I have 2 children who attend this school and over the past 4 years we've been extremely happy with the staff, and the academics. I would recommend this school to everyone! I cannot say enough about the teachers, the office staff, even the principal. We've been thoroughly impressed.

Posted August 29, 2013
The school and staff go beyond the norms and make a difference in each child. They realize it takes team work from the entire community including asking parents to get involved. My child has an IEP and there are no fewer than 5 people at the meetings advocating for the needs, identifying the strengths of this child. I love this school. The office staff Lyn and Julie go above and beyond. Mr. Turcott cares about each student and knows them by name. Bigger schools will never be able to give you that!

Posted August 25, 2013
Academically this school is great but the staff is very rude, inconsiderate, and discriminative. After two years of being here I'm so disappointed because I really wanted this school to work out.

Posted January 31, 2012
I do not know where you get your information from because my daughter has 29 students in her class. Which is too many to get an effect education.

Knapp Charter Academy 0

Posted May 03, 2010
Knapp is a vibrant and wonderfully diverse school with excellent leadeship and academic achievement.

Knapp Charter Academy 2

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted June 14, 2009
I've been going to this school for 9 years and have realized that once you get into the middle school everyone splits into cliques, if you're not a perfectionist, 'hot', or thin then you might be in a whole heap of trouble. The teachers are very young (in their 20's) and refer to themselves as 'old'?! They often act like teenagers, and are impatient at times but they can build up a great relationship with their students. :)

Posted May 27, 2009
I was really pleased with my son's progress in first grade this year. He was struggling with his reading and his teacher and other specialists at the school helped us figure out why. They worked with him at school and sent home activities for us to help him as well. At the beginning of the school year, he was scoring below average-now, he scored well above the class goal for reading. We were able to turn somthing that could be negative for him into a great experience that helped him feel good about himself! I'm so glad that his teacher and the reading specialists were willing to take time to figure out how he learns in a way that makes him enjoy, not dread, his reading!

Knapp Charter Academy
1759 Leffingwell Avenue Northeast, Grand Rapids, MI  49525
Last modified Knapp Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Knapp Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top