Public charter
Grand Rapids, MI
After care: No

Walker Charter Academy 1

Posted April 17, 2015
WALKER CHARTER ACADEMY allows BULLYING, my niece has been bullied for over a year, due to this she has to switch schools. She has hed teeth broken by another little girl and the school did NOT do anything about it. Instead the principle and teachers allowed the bullying to continue. My sister talked to the school staff many times and nobody did anything about it. WALKER CHARTER ACADEMY is not a safe place for kids, my.niece had two concussions and a broken tooth, they did nut do anything about it...

Walker Charter Academy 1

Posted April 17, 2015
The principal is awful he is not doind his job he allows bulies in his school. Teachers are mene to the kids too,and some parents think they own that school and their kids thik so too just bad school

Posted February 21, 2015
We could not be happier with Walker Charter. It has been a true blessing for our family.

Walker Charter Academy 4

Posted February 19, 2015
Walker is a great environment for school! I love the teaching staff, so eager to help children learn. The administrative staff is first rate, friendly and helpful and easy-going.

Posted February 19, 2015
We switched to Walker Charter beginning the 2014 school year with one child going into third grade and one going into Y5's. Wow what a difference! My third grader is finally being challenged academically and loves school after a very frustrating second grade experience elsewhere. My Y5's is having a wonderful year with an unbelievable teacher! All of the staff and teachers have been great during our transition. We cant say enough good things about our experience so far!!

Posted February 08, 2015
We switched our children from a local catholic school about a year and a half ago. My husband and I were looking for a school to support our dyslexic student that had a strong moral focus and rigorous academics. We have been so pleased with Walker Charter for all of these reasons. The teachers are amazing and take a real interest in our children. The principal is readily available to chat if you have any concerns, which is wonderful. Our children really enjoy school, which was not the case prior to coming to Walker Charter. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 21, 2014
This school places the bar high for academics, morals and extra curricular activities. There's musical, fine art and athletic opportunities for students of all abilities. The teachers excel with providing structure and focus on each individual's academic needs. The principal and deans are quick to communicate and handle any issues- especially bullying. The school is college focused and finds innovative ways to motivate the students. The parents are very involved and communicate via various parent led facebook groups.

Walker Charter Academy 3

Posted March 04, 2014
My various grandkids have done well over the last 15 years. One reason I wasn't happy with their attending this charter school is because of its total lack of diversity. There are few minority kids, none with obvious handicaps, and they're not set up for special ed. In the real world they will live in this is not helpful to the social side of their education. The kids love/loved Walker Charter and I think they have done well after transferring on to high school.

Walker Charter Academy 2

Posted March 03, 2014
This is a publicly funded school with the mindset of a private school. There is a sense of entitlement among long-established families at this school, who think they own the place. And their children act like they own the place...

Posted January 07, 2014
We have had our daughter attending Walker Charter now for her second year. She completed Young Fives at Walker, (excellent program and teacher!) and now is in Kindergarten. She loves her teachers! I, personally, have seen how much the administration and staff go out of their way to see that your children are learning, growing and adjusting! I feel like they really care about my child! She has learned so much, and grown so much in the past two years, that it is impossible not to say that Walker has exceeded my expectations in every area. I think my daughter is being challenged to grow, but not so much that she's overwhelmed. I am really happy with our choice of Walker Charter! They have great teachers and administration! Any concern you have, I think the communication between teachers and staff is terrific and timely.

Walker Charter Academy
1801 3 Mile Road Northwest, Grand Rapids, MI  49544
Last modified Walker Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walker Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top