Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted February 10, 2016
I have found with many schools it's becoming more and more about warehousing kids. At Walker I feel they invest in not only the education but who the child grows to be.

Posted November 18, 2015
Our child attends WCA and it is a wonderful school. Our child loves going to school and enjoys learning, we believe that is because of the great attitudes of the entire staff at WCA. The teachers are awesome, the office staff is amazing, and the principals are the icing on the cake. What other school has their principals directing traffic & greeting their students before & after school? Ours does & we think that makes a huge difference. We are very thankful for WCA...go Wildcats!!

Walker Charter Academy
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 18, 2015
Walker Charter Academy has an amazing office staff. They are the glue that holds our school together. They do so much, we probably don't even know half of it. Thank you for all you do to make our school run smoothly, safely and successfully.

Posted August 03, 2015
Great teachers, great moral focus without imposing religion -- and they're wonderful at recognizing achievement and challenging my daughter. I love being able to work in the classroom. Headed back for our third year... can't wait!

Walker Charter Academy 1

Posted April 17, 2015
WALKER CHARTER ACADEMY allows BULLYING, my niece has been bullied for over a year, due to this she has to switch schools. She has hed teeth broken by another little girl and the school did NOT do anything about it. Instead the principle and teachers allowed the bullying to continue. My sister talked to the school staff many times and nobody did anything about it. WALKER CHARTER ACADEMY is not a safe place for kids, my.niece had two concussions and a broken tooth, they did nut do anything about it...

Posted February 21, 2015
We could not be happier with Walker Charter. It has been a true blessing for our family.

Walker Charter Academy 4

Posted February 19, 2015
Walker is a great environment for school! I love the teaching staff, so eager to help children learn. The administrative staff is first rate, friendly and helpful and easy-going.

Posted February 19, 2015
We switched to Walker Charter beginning the 2014 school year with one child going into third grade and one going into Y5's. Wow what a difference! My third grader is finally being challenged academically and loves school after a very frustrating second grade experience elsewhere. My Y5's is having a wonderful year with an unbelievable teacher! All of the staff and teachers have been great during our transition. We cant say enough good things about our experience so far!!

Posted February 08, 2015
We switched our children from a local catholic school about a year and a half ago. My husband and I were looking for a school to support our dyslexic student that had a strong moral focus and rigorous academics. We have been so pleased with Walker Charter for all of these reasons. The teachers are amazing and take a real interest in our children. The principal is readily available to chat if you have any concerns, which is wonderful. Our children really enjoy school, which was not the case prior to coming to Walker Charter. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 21, 2014
This school places the bar high for academics, morals and extra curricular activities. There's musical, fine art and athletic opportunities for students of all abilities. The teachers excel with providing structure and focus on each individual's academic needs. The principal and deans are quick to communicate and handle any issues- especially bullying. The school is college focused and finds innovative ways to motivate the students. The parents are very involved and communicate via various parent led facebook groups.

Walker Charter Academy
1801 3 Mile Road Northwest, Grand Rapids, MI  49544
Last modified Walker Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.