Grand Rapids, MI

1 review of this school

Kent Education Center--Oakleigh 2

Posted October 29, 2012
My son attends this school, not by choice but because no other school will take him due to his emotional problems. I am thankful for his teacher, Ms DeJong. She is excellent with him and he has been able to be in her class for the second year in a row. Prior to Ms DeJong, my son has essentially received little education either because of his problems or inability of some teachers, to cope with him. I was even told in a conference two years ago that no teacher can stand to have him more than one year at a time. I talked to the interim principle after this was said. He said I should talk with his social worker about the statement. I told him she sat in on the conference and nodded her head yes after a former teacher said no teacher can deal with him for more than one year! I am very thankful to have a strong, professional teacher again this year. I have a great deal of respect for Ms DeJong. She is really more talented in her area and I feel she cares about my son. Since he has been in Ms DeJong's room he have finally been making measurable progress.

Kent Education Center--Oakleigh
2223 Gordon Street Northwest, Grand Rapids, MI  49504
Last modified Kent Education Center--Oakleigh is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kent Education Center--Oakleigh Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 1 reviews. Top