Posted November 04, 2013
I rate this school a 5 because I go there but also the have a great acidemic program where kids learn its amazing and where number 2 in the state

City High Middle School 3

Posted October 24, 2013
I am a current student at City, and I kind of liked it last year, but this year they just changed our schedule, and I feel like the homework load has doubled. We're getting assigned lots of projects due at the same time and not enough time to do them. I feel like my classes are mainly uninspiring, though they are more challenging than they would be at a normal school. I do, however, recommend the theater program-the directors that run the City musicals are amazing, and we always put on great shows that are fun for everyone to be in.

City High Middle School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
Its probably the best and most safe school in Grand Rapids.. This school does a good job of controlling the behavior in the hallways and during class.

Posted September 05, 2013
I love the IB curriculum at this school, the sense of community, and the many opportunities for extra curricular activities. Students are given a lot of freedom through project work, but there is also quite a bit of traditional instruction. There is a focus on creating strong thinkers and autonomous learners that really contributes to the development of community at the school. Extra-curricular activities include drama, forensics, science club, advanced choir, middle school sports and more.

Posted August 11, 2012
I am excited for my children to attend. They look forward to the challenge. 2012/2013 year

Posted June 05, 2011
Having just attended the graduation ceremony of our second son to have graduated from this school, I was reminded of one of the school's best qualities through the words of the students who spoke. Repeatedly I heard how getting to be themselves and pursue their interests without negative peer pressure makes them curious, happy people. Kids thanked their teachers, parents, administrators and parents for this. Kids of various talents, interests, and skin colors all said the same. I value that. Our oldest was well-served. Our middle is on the way out. Our youngest has a couple years remaining. That said, I completely agree with comment below regarding the Hub class.

City High Middle School 4

Posted April 24, 2011
Recent changes this year has made for disappointing results. The new Hub programs conflict with after school activities like sports, etc. The longer school day has created less opportunity for students to actually do their homework at home. My students in multiple grades have seen their GPAs fall because of Hub. The continuing cuts in bussing of students has created nightmares for parents dropping off and picking up students from school in the overcrowded parking lots. Let's hope school officials can learn from these mistakes in the coming year.

City High Middle School 2

Posted February 13, 2011
This school claims to be part of the International Baccalaurate program, but in know way resembles it. Yes, they have IB posters all around the school. Yes, they do REQUIRE band, orchestra, and choir and grade it as they would a regular class. But it does not challenge the students and it does not seem any different then your average middle or high school.

Posted November 08, 2010
This program is for serious students that can buckle down and get the job done. The parents are involved. The teachers and administration staff are motivated to have kids well prepared for college. The International Baccalaurate program seperates this school from all others academically in West Michigan

City High Middle School 2

Posted February 05, 2010
I found the leadership of this school (principal) to be out of touch with the youngest of students. the school is now seeking out children from inner-city areas and overall leadership persons are not prepared for the change. If a child is troubled yet qualified to be there do not count on any help in guiding your child.

City High Middle School
1720 Plainfield Avenue Northeast, Grand Rapids, MI  49505
Last modified City High Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
City High Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top