Public charter
Grand Rapids, MI

William C. Abney Academy 1

Posted October 22, 2013
The principal is so unprofessional. I been trying to get mt son enrolled. She doesn't return parents phone calls at a reasonable time. I just recently moved and thought this would be a good school I was very wrong the secretary is really rude and needs to be fired she doesn't do her job right by letting the unprofessional principle who called for her. This school really makes me hate grand rapids public schools.

William C. Abney Academy 4

Posted June 13, 2013
My School is William C. Abney Academy and I as well as my children love the school. I have been affiliated with the school since my Nephew attended the school back when it first opened and he began in Kindergarten until the 4th grade, as 5th grade and up was not available. My nephew is now 17 years old. Both of my sons began at William C. in Kindergarten, they are both now in grades 2nd & 5th, as well as my neice. I was an involved Aunt back when nephew attended and diffently an involved parent. The academics, programs, tutoring, busing system & now sport teams available to the students. I have recommended the school to other parents & a few of them have registered their children to attend & now do attend the school. I love the direction the school is going in with the New Implementation of Performing Arts being brought into the school, so Kudos to WIlliam C. Abney Academy Bishop Abney had a vision & having his Granddaughter Erica Glenn involved in the school , apart of the process, makes me personally feel good, because it shows that the School Board, Administration, Staff takes Bishop Abneys Vision/Dream Seriously.

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted June 04, 2009

Posted July 28, 2008

Posted July 25, 2006
W.C.A.A in my opinion is a wonderful school, I have two children who had attended this school since the day it opened on through their elementary completion. I must say for one of the newest schools to be added to the districts it has surpassed many who are veterans in the districts. The teachers genuinely care about the students, they have a great curriculum, a wonderful pricipal, and they make sure the day is filled with lots of educationally fun things to do. Even their transportaion system is one to be matched. All I can say is my children loved it there, it's all they could talk about and it's etched in their memories today, I even noticed how much the children's parents got involved, the staff makes you feel like you belong. My children are now in middle and high school just waiting for a W.C.A.A high!

Posted April 09, 2004
This is a great school. I would recommend it to anyone. The curriculm is awsome,the staff are great. I love the school my child has learned so much since he's been there. totaling 5yrs

William C. Abney Academy
1435 Fulton Street East, Grand Rapids, MI  49503
Last modified William C. Abney Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William C. Abney Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top