Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Mr. Owens addresses any concern right away. He can't help unless he is notified by someone and when he is notified he takes care of it right then and there.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My third grade struggles in math and reading they are helping her and helping me help her succeed. Her teacher went out of her way started a morning and mid afternoon math group to help her and a few others that struggle to understand. They have reading interventions that meet for 30minutes during the day and it helps my daughter succeed and she has become more positive in her math and reading.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Mr. Owens is one strong supportive understanding respectable principle and sets an amazing example for all the students and if there is any issues you can count on him to resolve the issue right away.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter has learned through out the years here to respect others, believe in her self, I think this comes from the teachers encouragement towards their success. They believe in the student so the student believes in themselves.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are truly amazing and I could ask for more professional and upbeat teachers.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The teachers are very communicative at least my third graders teacher and emails me two three times a week and we work together for the success of my daughter.

Both my children go there and my third child will start next year also... my oldest daughter has Mrs. Foster and I cannot tell you how amazing she is, you would have to have her to understand. She not only cares about her students sucess in the class room but also outside the class room. She is very proactive on making sure every succeeds. She is an example of no child left behind. She also is very professional and is concerned when a student of hers is having issues with friends in and out of school, she goes out of her way to help resolve the issue. My experiences with this school is nothing but amazing, my oldest started in kindergarten, we moved at the end of last year with a month left in school and ended up moving right back the start of this year. My middle daughter who is in kindergarten has the same teacher my oldest had Mrs.Rankin and she is truly one amazing kindergarten teacher, she also is very concerned for her students success in and out of the classroom. But I would have to say they need to fix there tardy system, I give proof for my children's absents and I still receive letters for unexcused absences when they are suppose to be excused. Other than that the staff is professional understanding helpful and is just plain amazing. One thing I would like to see from all teachers is more communication along the lines of maybe emailing parents. Myself I love being very involved with my children sucess in school and will do whatever to help outside school, I believe this is where teachers should have more communication with parents besides just parent teacher conferences and have email communication throughout the week or month. This is just my thought my daughters third grade teacher emails me all the time and it's very helpful to see where she struggles and where she is not so I am able to help more at home so she doesn't struggle. Thank you k-vile for being one of the top schools and only school for my children, I will never take them out again.

I think it would be helpful if we could wait indoors when school is when the weather is bad, like heavy rain, major snow.

Both my son and daughter are going to this school and I am very happy with the education they are receiving. They enjoy the teachers and friends at school.

this school needs to be brought up to date and hire teachers and a principal that is more caring and will take the time to talk to the parent and act as if they are in a hurry with some parents and then with others stands and talks.

Last modified East Kelloggsville School is a Public school that serves grades K-1