Grand Rapids, MI

Meadowlawn Elementary 1

Posted August 27, 2014
The office staff clearly HATES their jobs!! They are rude even to parents with a first time parent going through the school system with a kindergartener. Very condesending and rude to the parents. I honestly will be switching schools next year although her teacher seems SO wonderful!!

Meadowlawn Elementary 3

Posted August 25, 2013
Based on test scores i would consider a 2 month trial, although very concerned about the EXTREMELY LOW Science test scores for 5th grade. Slightly concerned why not more diverse. And appreciative of the honestly of teacher ratio. I would stick to a 2 month trial

Posted March 16, 2013
We've had three children attend Meadowlawn over the past seven years. Meadowlawn is a traditional neighborhood school embedded in a socially, economically diverse community. Three years ago, I returned to school to become an elementary school teacher, inspired, in part, by the excellence that I observed by the professional and highly skilled teachers that our children had at Meadowlawn. After three years of teacher training, I can attest to the expertise of our teachers at Meadowlawn. Principle Downs encourages parental involvement and advocates for ALL children in her school. Our family is looking forward to a continuing association with Meadowlawn for many years.

Posted December 12, 2008

Meadowlawn Elementary 0

Posted August 14, 2007
What a wonderful school! I am a parent of a 3rd and 5th grader and am looking forward to the 07-08 school year. This is a wonderful school in a wonderful neighborhood!

Posted January 10, 2007
I am glad that Meadowlawn is the school my Kindergartner attends. My child has a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Tyner. She has been taught so much. The school is open to familys and encourages our involvement. I am excited about the next five years!

Meadowlawn Elementary
4939 Burgis Avenue Southeast, Grand Rapids, MI  49508
Last modified Meadowlawn Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadowlawn Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top