Bad
Good

Posted May 23, 2012
I went to this school back in the early 70s and loved it. My teacher was mrs Keller.Can anyone tell me where I can get a year book from then?

Posted October 11, 2010
I love the individual attention my student receives at Townline. We relocated to this area over the summer and I was worried about my child transferring to a non-blue ribbon school. I was especially worried because she was having difficulties with math-facts and was two levels below in reading at the end of the last school year. During the first week of school parent night was held to introduce the 2nd grade curriculum to parents and answer any questions. My daughter's second grade teacher Mrs. DeBoer listened to my concerns and assured me that she would test each student's math and reading before assigning the student to a reading and math group which they call specials. Every child attends a math and reading group so no one feels singled out. Also, the students attend two computer classes a week. I was so excited to hear my student would learn keyboarding this year. After meeting the principal, teachers, and paraprofessionals (all licensed teachers who work part-time in the classroom with the teachers) my worries were calmed. My daughter has been placed in a math group to help her catch-up and gain confidence in her math ability. When she comes home she is excited to share what she has learned in her math group. She is assigned to the accelerated reader group which she loves. I am totally in love with the reading-writing program the school has. I am expecting great things from this school. I will keep you posted.

Posted October 03, 2009
I sit down with my daughter just about every night asking her how school went and she just can't wait to tell me everything. She's only in kindergarden but the other day she read her first word wuitch was yellow and i was so proud of her! Her techer sent home some home work on a monday witch didn't have to be back until Fri But My daughter just couldn't leave the table and did it all she was so excited i couldn't believe it

Posted November 15, 2008
i went to this school for elementary and i had a great experience. the staff was great and they made sure everyone was getting what they needed.

Posted August 29, 2005
My son has been at Townline for the last 2 years. He attended the Headstart program and also the Young Fives Program (DK). I feel that Townline is the perfect fit for my son. The Principal and teachers are wonderful. They challege him and make it fun to learn. It is a very safe envirment. My son loves going to school and that makes me as a parent very happy. Also the principal takes an active role with the stundents that makes me very happy as well. I highly recommed this school to anyone with K-5 children.

Posted September 27, 2004
My kids have been in this school for the past 8 yrs and they love everything about it. The teachers are great and very interested in the kids. The school has fun activites during the year and is always willing to help out with any of our needs.

Posted June 16, 2003
I pulled my kids out of this school to home school them because of the lack of disapline and they would not challenge my bored chilren

100 60th Street Southeast, Grand Rapids, MI  49548
Last modified Townline Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.