East Oakview Elementary School 1

Posted March 26, 2014
Allowing my child to begin kindergarten at East Oakview is a mistake that I will regret for the rest of my life. We changed schools after the first marking period due to very poor supervision of the children with a serious bullying problem. My son was bullied within two weeks of starting at this school. He has attended daycare for years and comes from a large close family. We has had significant exposure to various interactions with other children prior to attending this school and bullying has never been an issue for us. We reported our concerns to his teacher, principal, and the school social worker to no avail. Playground supervision was still minimal (2-3 volunteer parents who watched their own children and appeared to spend more time gossiping with one another than actually supervising the children). Since changing schools, my son is happy, healthy, and once again well adjusted. Our experience at East was a nightmare!!! Keep your children away from that disgrace of a school.

East Oakview Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2014
This school was a mess, they had a whole anti-bully program but it was a joke. They allowed my daughter to be severely bullied in Kindergarten and 1st grade. She went from happy and loving school to disliking school and struggling. When I spoke with the teachers they acted as if they had no idea. My daughter was pretty much told she was the problem and "not to tell the teachers unless Conner hurt her." It wasn't until we moved that she had the courage to tell me since the staff at school were telling her not to say anything. Our new school thankfully has been helpful get my daughter back on track and we are having no issues now but East Oakview was a joke. There were fights and cops at the bus stop and no one seemed to want to deal with problem students. When students in the higher grades did experience troubles instead of helping they started pushing them into the Alt school right away. Really a well off school with lazy staff and leaders.

East Oakview Elementary School 5

Posted March 10, 2012
The teachers are kind and very supportive. My kids loved attending East Oakview. We are Northview!

East Oakview Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2010
They keep communication open and do everything to help your child.

East Oakview Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
I have had four children go through East Oakview and have had the priviledge to get to know most of the teachers. Each teacher comes with her (and his) own strengths, and that is a wonderful thing! Keep doing a great job!

East Oakview Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2008
My son attended East Oakview for Kindergarden and 1/2 of First Grade. I was and still am very impressed with this school and its staff. East Oakview Elem. is a wonderful learning environment for the children. When we left the district and moved to another I was very sad to leave the school and all its wonderful staff.

East Oakview Elementary School 5

Posted September 25, 2003

East Oakview Elementary School
3940 Suburban Shores Drive Northeast, Grand Rapids, MI  49525
Last modified East Oakview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Oakview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top