Posted November 03, 2014
The staff and teachers are great and caring! Our daughter loves going to school there and the staff is the reason. They treat you like family!!

Posted November 07, 2012
We love North Oakview and I would encourage any parent looking, to check this We have 3 kids at North and I feel like they are getting an excellent education. Kids are academically challenged and their full potential is brought out. The teachers truly care about the students and it's obvious in their teaching. Communication is great, Parental involvement is huge (there is a program geared just for Dads to come in and volunteer), and all in all it is just a great school.

Posted October 07, 2009

Posted June 13, 2008

North Oakview Elementary School 0

Posted November 21, 2007
North Oakview is a fabulous school! Great teachers, nice kids, parent involvement. I tried 2 other schools (one a charter) before we came to Northview, and we've been here now for 4 years. I have two very different students and both have been taught to their own styles and individual learning. My oldest is now at Highlands (for 5th grade) and loves it!

Posted September 18, 2006
I love this school and the district. The kids (and parents) get a well-rounded quality education that is superior to many other schools we had looked at. The kids have music, art and gym although not as much as I would like to see. They have all the traditional sports programs that are mostly parent volunteers. Parents are encouraged to be involved as much as they want or are able to. From what I have experienced, parents are around a lot, which provides support not only to the students but to the teachers as well.

Posted October 13, 2005
My son has attended North Oakview in K-2. My daughter just started kindergarten there. Both attended Northview's pre-k at West Oakview. Northview school district is a great community! As for N. Oakview, we have had a super positive experience. Reading and Math, are strengths for my children, yet they have been able to advance individually.This school uses the 'reading counts' program to help students advance individually in reading. The teachers have been amazing and caring. This school loves music and has an excellent music program. Extracurricular sports are well organized and the kids are on teams with students from the other 2 elementary schools, strengthening the feeling of community. Parents are strongly encouraged to help in the school and there are many opportunities. The 'Character Counts' program teaches respect and the children really do respect each other here. I could go on..we love N. Oakview and the Northview District!

North Oakview Elementary School
4300 Costa Avenue Northeast, Grand Rapids, MI  49525
Last modified North Oakview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Oakview Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top