Posted February 07, 2008
Both of my daughters attend St. Andrew's after originally going to a public school. The school represents rich diversity with academic excellence coupled with an administration and teaching staff that go above and beyond for every student. The atmosphere of St. Andrew's and parent involvement make it seem like part of your extended family. We only wish it went through High School. If you are looking for a convienent school in dowtown Grand Rapids you should consider a visit to St. Andrew's.

Posted February 26, 2007
My son currently attends St. Andrews and my daughter will begin next year. St. Andrew's is by far one of the best schools in Grand Rapids. The smaller classrooms make it easier for the kids to receive one-on-one attention. Great environment for learning with caring teachers and LOTS of parent involvement. I encourage any parent who is looking for a change for their child(ren) to consider St. Andrews.

Posted September 25, 2004
- a former student
I have to say my first few days at 'the big house ' were an eye opener but i can honestly say that the most fond memories i have growing up are of this school and staff. They took care of me and my life long friends in a professional way and made me do more than just look at books. They challenged my mind and made me remember that there were other people in the world and to become part of a society that can and have made a difference. One teacher Mr. Geiken made me believe in myself and treated myself and all students like they were his kids and wanted the best for them. Even after I went off to high school I still got the special treat of an ice cream coupon from him on birthdays for years. Thank you for the good work. St. Andrews.

Posted August 26, 2003
Although this school is Roman Catholic by brand, it teaches more of an ecumenical curriculum. A high percentage of the students are not Catholic and all feel welcome. A significant percentage of the student body also is not caucasian. This is definitely a unique melting pot of a school. The teachers are fabulous and the kids are very respectful and happy. A unique feature is that parents are required to get involved through volunteer hours. That forces a parent to take an active interest in their child's education...and it really shows in the school and academic achievements. Anyone considering a private school should at least visit this unique little school and see what they have to offer which is not 'cookie cutter upper white middle class catholic'. It is truly a blending that reflects our current world which the children will be a part of upon graduation. I think it totally prepares a young mind in social, academic, religious and cultural areas.

St. Andrew Elementary School
302 Sheldon Blvd SE, Grand Rapids, MI  49503
Last modified St. Andrew Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Andrew Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top