K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Positives: Safe environment- you don't have to worry about your child being bullied. Christian environment with focus on Jesus and the Bible. Most of the teaches seems very dedicated to their job and the kids- to a small percentage, however, teaching seems just a job. Negative: Nothing to brag about, academically- which is surprising since there are often only around 10 to 12 students per class. I find my child learning quicker from me than the teacher on subjects I know little about. No foreign language for younger grades- such a shame, when such a high percentage of children there are Hispanic- what an opportunity missed. More money for the school would probably make a positive difference.

My child is receiving a personally tailored education with lots of personal interaction with the teachers here. I feel the students are never lost in the shuffle and the teachers all genuinely care about the students. Some of the facilities are subpar due to lack of funds, but the dedication of the staff makes up for that in terms of quality of education my child receives.

This school is very good in saying that one does not have to woory about fights and drugs and other "influences" you might see in public school, you share a faith where you can openly talk about God and have a good relationship with others through that and you feel safe once you enter th building, but thats really it. The kids are very "clicky", so to say. If you havent been in the school since kindergarten or if you aren't very outgoing and friendly, good luck fitting in. Its very hard when everyone else has their friends and you are brand new. The opportunities here are a liitle lacking also. Yes, the school is not rich and needs a lot of funds, but for all the tuition that goes toward the school, there should be alot more curriculum and opportunities here, and unfortunatley there isn't. I have absolutley nothing on this school or the teachers, and I feel that if the school gets more money, and better communication skills between the administration, this school will be great.

THE BESTEST SCHOOL EVRRR!!! The teachers are awesome and you get one on oen time with them, theres love shown to everybody... I would know, I am new this year and having it be my very 1st year is HS I was nervous, but everyone made me feel welcome!!! It is so awesome, send your kid HERE!!!

I love this school! Everyone is friends, the teachers are all great! The teachers are always there for you!

Hi, I'm a student of this School. It's actually Grand RApids Adventist Academy. . . But, anyways, I love this school. I've been here since 3rd grade, and until now 8th. This school is great. I've not only been taught and loved by all my teachers. They care about what happens to us, they worry about us, and they help us. I've also gotten closer to God. And you know what, I think thats whats more important, becoming more like Christ. I mean grades are important too, but, in the end, it won't matter. =]

Diverse student body, interrelation between grades strengthens sense of family, strong community outreach and involvement.

Last modified Grand Rapids Adventist Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.