Posted March 20, 2015
West Side Christian is truly a special place. It is filled with loving teachers, parents who care and a staff which goes above and beyond to aid in the transformation of our Children (God's followers). All this is done while providing an excellent education!

Posted January 05, 2015
The first thing you should know is that I am the child of a public school teacher who went K-12 to another local public school. I am in no way anti-public schools. With that said, I can think of no better place for my childern to go than West Side Christian. They are loved, nurtured, challenged, and cared for by everyone (staff, teachers, parents, other supporters of the school). The academic standards are high. I have frequently heard comments about the local Christian High Schools being impressed by how well former West Side students are prepared. Over the last several years I have gotten to know several of the teachers. They are all highly gifted, dedicated and hard-working. They are each worth at least twice what they are paid. I have seen such love and concern for all students from the staff. I does not matter what your child's abilities, background, or physical/mental disabilities are. West Side Christian will accept them. The staff will do their absolute best to give every child the most complete education possible.

Posted January 04, 2015
Our children have flourished as a result of their educational journey nurtured through the Christ-centered education at West Side Christian School. The academic environment fosters their growth in a place where they can be imaginative, curious, experiment, and part of a community. West Side Christian provides diverse learning experiences that help develop the whole child - physical development (playground time, gym time), music lessons, art, school garden, nature preserve (i.e., ladybugs, caterpillars, leaves, frogs, etc.), band or orchestra, and so much more. We praise God that He directed our steps to this school. It truly has been a best kept secret in the city of Grand Rapids!!

Posted October 30, 2014
West Side Christian offers excellent academics with all subjects taught from a Christian perspective. The staff is amazing and cares for each student and their families on both a professional and personal level. I'm a former West Side graduate and feel truly blessed to be able to send both of my own children there now. Some of my best friendships began at West Side and have remained solid for nearly 3 decades. I also received an outstanding education that prepared me for success in both high school and college. The West Side community is a true family where God's love and grace is evident in every aspect.

Posted October 06, 2014
This school is amazing! I can not emphasize how much WSCS has exceeded our expectations on so many levels. The commitment to genuine Christian education is second to none as evidenced by the loving and hardworking staff, high academic standards, supportive community, and willingness to work with families financially. The academic excellence at WSCS is, undoubtedly, preparing my children for both high school and collegiate success. Speaking from experience (having a child with Down Syndrome) EVERY student is valued for who they have been created by God to be and the gifts God has given them, regardless of any physical, emotional, and/or mental disability! I praise the Lord for WSCS!

Posted May 06, 2014
West Side Christian is an amazing school that prepares students for high school, college, and life! We have one child in college, one in high school, and two enrolled at West Side. The older two are thriving in their academic careers thanks to the early preparation from West Side. West Side Christian is different from other schools in that they not only do they provide great academics but they help to mold a child's heart for God. Our beliefs are reinforced every day in the classroom. We thank God for leading our family to WSCS!

Posted January 22, 2014
West Side Christian School is a Great Home for our boys! Amazing focus on education, the Lord and a welcoming family. My parents and my wife and I did not attend WSCS but they welcomed our boys with open arms as well as us. We have been truly blessed as an entire family by the teachers and staff and believe WSCS to be a true extension of the home.

Posted December 29, 2013
What a blessing it is to work here. God is doing amazing things at this school! How awesome it is to see kids of all ages praising God with their actions, singing, praying, and writing. It is a beautiful close-knit community. You will feel at home from the minute you walk into the doors! I'm grateful for such loving parents, students, alumni, churches, and coworkers that support me. West Side Christian School is a wonderful place to be!

Posted December 20, 2013
West Side is the Best Side! I am admittedly a biased fan of the school with two boys in the 4th and 7th grades, but I never hesitate to rave about our school, our teachers, and our community of parents and students. Faith-based and academically excellent, our students (and my children) are truly prepared for their high school experience once they are done at West Side. Music, art, athletics, and the Bible as a foundation, West Side has been a wonderful choice for my family. To many of us, West Side feels like a home.

Posted March 08, 2012
West Side is a great school. We've had experience with homeschool, charter and public schools and this is by far the best school. The support services for students with ADHD have also been very good. The teachers and staff are great roll models. As a Christian family we are truly blessed to have our core beliefs and values taught at school and backed up at home.

West Side Christian School
955 Westend Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI  49504
Last modified West Side Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
West Side Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top