North Hills Classical Academy 1

Posted September 11, 2009

Posted March 28, 2008
Mike Huckabee spoke @ the NHCA annual banquet last night and re-affirmed for me why I have my children in this school. In his words 'most high school graduates could not do what these 6th graders did here tonight.' There in NO school in Grand Rapids that does education as well as North Hills.

Posted March 28, 2008
There isn't a better Classical Christian school in Grand Rapids! Our children have thrived here for years. We love it that they are surrounded by staff members who love them, love God and are experts in their craft! The gifts and talents of each of our children have been drawn out and embraced.

Posted March 28, 2008
Love the staff, love the teachers and we are so very thankful for the education our children are receiving.

Posted March 28, 2008
Our family has been so impressed with the loving, caring teachers our children have learned under. Each teacher has nurtured God's gifts in each of child...and they are all different! What a blessing. We have been very impressed with the strength of administrative leadership and their steadfast commitment to Biblical truth. Our family has been blessed and our children have been very successful here, academically and spiriturally. We love the respect and discipline that is expected and encouraged in children. Come here if you truly want Classical-Christian education for your family.

North Hills Classical Academy 4

Posted February 29, 2008
As the author of the very first Parent Review for NHCA I thought it fair to check in. While still enamored of the significant virtues of classical educaton, we have come to understand that classical education is a component in the upbringing of a child rather than that the child is a necessary component in the execution of classical education. If one prefers the latter, NHCA is the place to be. With overwhelming conviction, NHCA is singularly dedicated to classical education and the pursuit of perfection thereof. When educational methodology so subordinates those it presumes to help, however, high turnover results, and turnover at NHCA is disproportionately high. Providentially, classical Christian education has begun to flourish in the GR area and alternatives exist. We continue to HIGHLY recommend classical Christian education and and its virtues extolled in my original post. We wish those well who decide to stay at NHCA!

Posted January 02, 2008
We feel so blessed that our child is now attending his second year at NHCA. We have found classical education to be at best stellar but we feel even more impressed by the character the student are encouraged to display during their school days. The staff has loved on our family in and out of the school and we feel that God is present at NHCA. We couldn't ask for better models for our child and we strongly encourage everyone to come in and see the blessings God is giving to children in the halls and classrooms of NHCA!

North Hills Classical Academy 0

Posted September 04, 2007
I attended North Hills from fourth grade through 12th grade. I knew when I got to college that I had been more prepared academially than my peers but, as each year of college passes, I am more and more thankful for my education at North Hills. Most importantly, I am thankful for the example that my teachers and Dr. Vande Brake set for me as a Christian. Take some time to visit North Hills and really get to know the staff, you won't find a better education or a stronger Christian community for your children.

North Hills Classical Academy 2

Posted July 17, 2007
After some years of involvement in this school, I decided to take my children out. I believe that the school can work very well for other families, though. There are several resources you can check out and questions you can ask to get a fuller understanding of this school: You should definitely visit the school yourself at least once to see what they offer.

North Hills Classical Academy 2

Posted July 09, 2007
- a former student
Though the teachers were qualified, they were often required to do things that were just not possible. For instance, teaching three different grades all in one period. Unfortunately, the children suffer. The headmaster was arrogant, and difficult to talk to. Overall, it was just a bad experience; which is sad because I truly like the classical method.

North Hills Classical Academy
2777 Knapp St NE, Grand Rapids, MI  49525
Last modified North Hills Classical Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
North Hills Classical Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top