Grand Rapids, MI

CA Frost Environmental Science Academy 1

Posted April 15, 2014
this school is all about money, since the beginning of the school year they ask non stop for cash its like i thought that was a public school... i think in the app b4 the kids apply it should say that they need to have pay at times.. and now they make it required to pay more to go camping bcuz it is obligatory to stay in this school... that is bs because as we all know many families are struggling with just the day to day living .... this school should stop and think about this issue.........

Posted March 19, 2014
We love this school. They work to make accommodations to help children success. I am proud to have my son at Frost.

Posted September 18, 2013
My granddaughter loves this school. She is exceptionally bright and this school challenges her so that she does not get board. They are helping her to love learning. You can't ask much more from a school that that.

CA Frost Environmental Science Academy 1

Posted April 25, 2013
My son went to this school for about 2 years, I pulled him during the school year due to the fact that he was being bullied (beaten up 3 times in one day by 4 students) The staff claims they never see or hear anything going on. The bullying goes so deep at this school. My son was called names on a daily basis. My son also had some medical issues and the nurse had no clue what to ask him or how to handle even a simple ear ache. I would never recommend this school to any one!! My son is a different child due to this school, now in counseling!

CA Frost Environmental Science Academy 4

Posted May 12, 2012
All three of our kids attended Frost. The Environmental Program is simply amazing. It changed our kids' view of the world and is something they will hang onto for the rest of their lives. For the most part, the teachers were very good. I would highly recommend Frost for anyone committed to staying in the Public School system. While you may find more rigorous academics elsewhere, you won't find the environmental program. Our theory as parents was to take responsibility for keeping their academics in line knowing that middle school/high school academics are much more crucial than elementary...assuming your child is looked after.

CA Frost Environmental Science Academy 2

Posted May 12, 2011
Teachers are good but there is very little empathy to student property theft and violence from bullying.

Posted October 24, 2010
My son loves the natural science they learn and so do I.

Posted September 29, 2010
I love this school. This school teaches the kids about the environment along with regular education. They go on field trips and camping trips to learn first hand on what happens with the environment in a good and bad situtaion. The kids get help from everyone in the school and as well as the parents. The school looks at being respectful, responsible and resourceful in everything they do. So many wonderful things happen in this school and it is worth being there to help out in anything that needs to be done.

Posted August 31, 2010
I Have been going to this school since third grade and recently graduated from there. This school provided me with so many opportunities that I would never be able to do by myself. Camping is just one of them. The Teachers are really good here and if you have a problem or a question all you have to do is ask. All the adults there are really caring and you can talk to them about anything. Ms. Wells is an amazing principal, but too bad she's not going to be there anymore. I love this school and the kids, teachers and principals here. This was one of the best moves I went through. I love this school and I love Ms. Wells.

CA Frost Environmental Science Academy 0

Posted May 12, 2010
Great School, My daughter has been attending for 3 yrs can not say enough great things about this school. Thank You CA Frost

CA Frost Environmental Science Academy
1460 Laughlin Drive Northwest, Grand Rapids, MI  49504
Last modified CA Frost Environmental Science Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
CA Frost Environmental Science Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top