Grand Rapids, MI

Posted January 28, 2014
My daughter is in Kindergarten at SWCC and she is loving it. I have to admit that at first I was a bit worried about her not fitting in and her not liking the school. But after the first few weeks she started getting excited about all the new things she was learning and she loves her teacher and classmates. My daughter has never had Spanish lesson or spoke Spanish. Since she started school in Sept.2013 and now its Dec.2014, she can understand mostly what my neighbor saying and my neighbor only speaks Spanish. So for her to learn so much in a short time frame is awesome, you can only imagine what they will learn when they finish the program. I would totally recommend this school to parent. The one advice I receive from parents that has children going to SWCC is "Stick with it."

Posted September 26, 2013
I have a 2nd grader and a Kindergartner and they both love learning a new language. The teachers that they had so far are great, it seems like they enjoy what they do and they show that they care. I only wish that they would offer a class for the parents for us to learn Spanish so we could communicate with our children. Also that its suppose to be for learning Spanish but yet the majority of the kids have Spanish as their primary language.

Posted January 26, 2011
Good school. Good staff. Parents also help out. But, I think It is hard to have an English-speaking child go to a Spanish-speaking school. It seems to double his difficulties if only English spoken at home because parents can't help them very well with homework, etc.

Southwest Community Campus School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
The Cultural Immersion at SWCC is amazing, the staff truly cares about the kids.

Posted March 28, 2008

Posted November 08, 2007
My son has attended this school for 4 years, I absolutly love the staff! They are the most caring and involved staff I have encountered. I also love that the class sizes are small.

Posted August 22, 2007
This school is a great place to expose your child to dual-language environment.

Posted November 29, 2005
- a former student
I used to go to this school and i really enjoyed it a lot. It it mostly spanish but if you don't speak spanish the teachers do help you to understand and it is a great oppurtunity to learn a new language whether your going to learn Spanish or your learing English it's a good school always in my eyes.

Posted September 26, 2005
- a former student

Southwest Community Campus School
801 Oakland Avenue Southwest, Grand Rapids, MI  49503
Last modified Southwest Community Campus School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwest Community Campus School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top