Bad
Good

My son goes to Kindergarten, he is about to finish the school year and it is impressive how much he has learned so far. He is very fluent in Spanish and English, he is adding and subtracting already, he can write one or two sentences and reads "beginners" books, among other things. He has also improved his social skills. We love his teacher, she is very competent and her personality aligns well with his. The techniques she uses in class are very effective and easy to apply at home. As other parents, I agree that it would be very helpful to have Spanish classes for the parents, at least some basic lessons to be able to support our children and integrate the bilingual culture at home. My advise for new parents is don't give up. The Spanish immersion can be a bit overwhelming at the beginning, but if you stick with it you will see great results.

My daughter is in Kindergarten at SWCC and she is loving it. I have to admit that at first I was a bit worried about her not fitting in and her not liking the school. But after the first few weeks she started getting excited about all the new things she was learning and she loves her teacher and classmates. My daughter has never had Spanish lesson or spoke Spanish. Since she started school in Sept.2013 and now its Dec.2014, she can understand mostly what my neighbor saying and my neighbor only speaks Spanish. So for her to learn so much in a short time frame is awesome, you can only imagine what they will learn when they finish the program. I would totally recommend this school to parent. The one advice I receive from parents that has children going to SWCC is "Stick with it."

I have a 2nd grader and a Kindergartner and they both love learning a new language. The teachers that they had so far are great, it seems like they enjoy what they do and they show that they care. I only wish that they would offer a class for the parents for us to learn Spanish so we could communicate with our children. Also that its suppose to be for learning Spanish but yet the majority of the kids have Spanish as their primary language.

Good school. Good staff. Parents also help out. But, I think It is hard to have an English-speaking child go to a Spanish-speaking school. It seems to double his difficulties if only English spoken at home because parents can't help them very well with homework, etc.

The Cultural Immersion at SWCC is amazing, the staff truly cares about the kids.

My son has attended this school for 4 years, I absolutly love the staff! They are the most caring and involved staff I have encountered. I also love that the class sizes are small.

This school is a great place to expose your child to dual-language environment.

Last modified Southwest Community Campus School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.