Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Grand River Preparatory High School 1

Posted November 06, 2015
I don't want to go to college. You have to wear a uniform that's REALLY restrictive, the computers don't even have Microsoft Office, and so much more. A requirement for graduation is to be accepted to two colleges, and how our society works is that you're expected to go to college. You can't get out of that, and the classes they offer aren't good anyway. You have to take certain classes, even if you don't want to use that class in your job. If I could switch schools, I would.

Grateful to: Student

Posted November 06, 2015
My friends who've been supportive and understanding. They understand the problems at this school just as much as I do.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted November 06, 2015
I feel stressed out, and I have after school activities, so the homework interferes with that. I feel like I'm going to be behind all year, and I'm a very disorganized person

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted November 06, 2015
You hear swearing in the halls, even though there's a rule in place that's supposed to suspend a student when they swear.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted September 14, 2015
They lose at least 7 teachers a year by next year they will have a whole new staff.

Grand River Preparatory High School 5

Posted September 12, 2015
Grand River Prep is a school I will recommend to anyone who will listen. The teachers care about student success and students care about each other. GRP promotes a strong culture and a healthy academic career and I've been very happy with my experience.

Grand River Preparatory High School 5

Posted September 06, 2015
I have been at Grand River Prep for all four years and I don't regret a single minute of it. Our school has wonderful teachers who are passionate about helping their students become successful. They live up to the name as a college prep high school, as the courses are rigorous and prepare you for the next level of education. The school offers numerous extracurricular activities from athletics to Monday electives that help students become apart of the GRP community. I am so glad that I got the chance to go to a school where I have teachers who truly care about my success, over 20 AP classes available to explore my interests, and many activities to meet students with the same interests and goals as me. For students who have college in their plan, Grand River Prep is the place to be.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 06, 2015
The teachers are wonderful and passionate about their students' success. They strengthen our school community

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 06, 2015
The classes are rigorous, so they do have homework, but it is nothing that a student cannot handle

Develops grit: Agree

Posted September 06, 2015
As a college preparatory school, the staff is determined to get students the best education they can get to prepare them for college.

650 52nd St SE, Grand Rapids, MI  49548
Last modified Grand River Preparatory High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.