Grosse Pointe Farms, MI

Posted February 11, 2015
I have nothing but good to say about Brownell. Excellent school great teachers.. Dr. Dibb is awesome and so are all the teachers there. Our daughter grew up in that school and still carries those lessons she learnt in that school.

Posted January 11, 2010
Excellent middle school. Amazing office staff, always helpful and kind. Principal is very caring and relates well to all students. Very impressed with teachers involvement before, during and after school.

Posted June 25, 2008
Brownell Middle School is outstanding. The principle is excellent- even learns the names of incoming 6th graders so they feel welcome- and kids leave well prepared for high school. Very very high academic standards in all areas and teachers are very proactive and helpful.

Posted June 26, 2007
Brownell is a truly remarkable school with tremendous leadership. I have not heard one parent with a negative report...not only among my daughter's peers, but in all of the years that I've been a resident here. Like several other GP schools, though, lack of diversity is an issue...but that's a community problem, not a school one.

Brownell Middle School 4

Posted October 10, 2006
Brownell is great for most kids. Our son had an IEP through Special Education (due to ADD), and we had to contact the office of Spec Ed (at the school district office) to get things taken seriously enough. Grosse Pointe is an overall excellent--think private education quality--school system, but it seems a bit lacking when it comes to Spec Ed (this may have changed in the past five years since we left). Compared to other states where we had lived, GP was behind the times. The emphasis on quality in the rest of the school system seemed at odds with what was happening in Spec Ed. This may have been due to families not wanting to admit imperfection and so they just kept excusing problem behaviors (the parents, that is) rather than accepting a label and getting their help. Brownell students will split for high school (North or South or private).

Posted January 17, 2005
I went to Brownell last year. I loved the school and the teachers there! They were all nice and willing to help anyone that needed it. I remember my Social Studies Teacher, Mr. Taylor, he saw that I was struggling in his class and he approached me saying that if I need help with C.E or if I needed help reviewing for a test to come in and he would help me. Everyone loved him! However, that was pretty much what the teachers there were like. No matter what if you just ask for help, they will give it to you and make sure you understand it. The only thing I did not like about Brownell was that when 8th grade came you knew that you were either going to GPS or GPN and that would mean you were splitting up from your friends. Nevertheless, Brownell is a great school!

Posted December 03, 2004
This has bees a great school for me. It has provided me with a great learning experience. I came from University Liggett School which did not provide for very broad and great oppertunities for me. At Liggett, alot of the money that came from tuition was spent on advrisizing. A very small protion went to education. Also, at Brownell the Principal has a Phd. At Brownell, you will find safe learning enviornments, kind students, supportave teachers, a great campus. That's so good, no wonder it has achieved over thirty awards from nationwide studies. The acedemic achievement levels are amazing as well!

Brownell Middle School
260 Chalfonte Avenue, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI  48236
Last modified Brownell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brownell Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top