K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 09, 2015
To all the teachers who take the extra time to hear each child, truly know them, and never give up on nurturing, inspiring and challenging them.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 09, 2015
They truly know the children and have the right tools to get the best out of them.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
Students are requires to step our of their comfort zone and try new things: every child must participate in theater productions, at least one sports team, learn an instrument, take a second language, volunteer, and learn to speak in public, amongst other things. This teaches the GPA students about taking risks, learning how to fail, learning how to persist, and encourages hard work.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
The Grosse Pointe Academy was founded on Christian principles that are woven into every aspect of learning.

Posted December 09, 2015
The size of the class, the talent of the teachers along with access to any/all tools to find the most effective way to challenge my kids, this is what makes The Grosse Pointe Academy special. GPA is the place that will give your children the base they need to ensure success at any high school.

Posted June 16, 2013
I am a parent of two children at the GPA and very pleased with the education and experiences they have received to date. I am also thrilled with the advancement of the school in recent months due to the leadership of Lars Kuelling (new head of school) and excited with the vision, strategy and actions outlined for the upcoming school year. GPA is tracking to be best in class of 21st Century Learning . Yesterday evening, I had a neighbor approach me complimenting me on my daughter and how articulate, mature, and socially aware she is. This was a very kind remark from a couple I talk to only in passing walking our dogs. I highlight this comment because they are both former educators (high school principals from the surrounding area) and both worked with children for years. Yes, I was very pleased as a parent to receive this comment, but I also know GPA has played a major role in my daughter s development and creation of the talented and gracious individual she has become.

Posted June 03, 2013
My children have been at the Grosse Pointe Academy for the past 10 years, and we have another 5 to go...It is the best school in the area. The teachers and the academic studies provided are second to none, and the new Head of School has been a terrific addition.

Posted May 31, 2013
We have been parents if two children at GPA for the past nine years, beginning in the Early School with the strong Montessori beginning. They were given confidence, values and strong education throughout the ES experience. The lower and intermediate school has built on that strong foundation, challenging them in academics, art and growing their confidence at each step. The teachers and administrators know and understand the individual nuances of both of my children's unique personalities and learning styles. We have watched them grow as they have faced challenges, formed lasting friendships and developed life long character lessons.

Grosse Pointe Academy 2

Posted May 07, 2013
This is my fifth year attending this school and I have been very displeased with my experience. The academics are great and they push the students to be active by having physical education four out of five days of the week and requiring each student to participate in at least one after school sport with the school. However, when bullying and harassment occur the staff does absolutely nothing until they are scolded multiple times by an angry parent looking out for their child. They focus too much on money instead of each child's mental well being. The more mature students end up having to give their own classmates a lesson on behavioral issues themselves because the staff will not. I have watched the staff become lackadaisical in the aspect of behavioral isseus in just a few years, and it is unacceptable.

Posted February 23, 2012
I have 2 sons that started at the Academy when they were 3 years old. The Early School is an AMAZING place. I wanted a place they would learn, not just play and it fulfilled my expectations and then some. They have been at the school 10 years and achieved wonderful things. We are there for the "whole package". I love the environment and the sense of family. I love that I am happy to drop them off everyday and feel as though the faculty and staff are happy to see them. Academically they have provided what others would not and the sports programs and "specials" classes (art, foreign language, gym, music, creative movement, etc.) only add to the depth the Academy education offers. I will truly be sad when our family graduates from the 8th grade! It is an amazing school.

171 Lake Shore Rd, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI  48236