Grosse Pointe Park, MI

Posted May 23, 2013
Defer is challenging. The school is excellent at teaching to the level and skills of the children and helps them excel in learning.

Posted March 11, 2013
the staff is alert and developes programs for students who need extra help. I highly recommend this school

Posted November 08, 2011
We absolutely love Defer, and both Mr Wardie and (now) Mrs Sullivan are great principals. We have two girls here, in 1st and 4th grades, and one more coming in a few years. Our PTA is incredible, too, giving a lot of support to the kids as well as the teachers. My only complaint is that there are just a few too many parents who need to take a more active role in their children's education, both in school and out.

Posted December 03, 2008

George Defer Elementary School 0

Posted August 28, 2008
I have had my kids at both Defer and Richard. I was shocked to see that Defer's principal got only 4 star rating where Richard's got 5. In my mind there is no comparison. I'd give Wardie a 5 and Barett a 2. I wish the kids could stay at Defer! Much more organized, communication with parents and teachers is much better. We got Richard's school directory in late November, just an example.

Posted March 02, 2007
We have 3 children here and one who has moved on to Pierce. After searching through 3 schools we decided to move here,specifically for the school system. We have found an excellent school for our children, great teachers, unbelievable parental involvement! The teachers and principal are very accessible and there are plenty of activities to keep the kids interested. We have had great luck with teachers, field trips are top notch! This community has the feel of a small town within a big city.

Posted January 30, 2007
Outstanding school. Excellent teachers who are available to parents to discuss our children. I have one child at Defer, and one who has just moved to Middle School, and they did not have one teacher that I wouldn't want again. The principal is great, extremely involved with the kids and the parents, and highly visible. Both of my children have received an excellent education at Defer. Parents involvement is second to none.

Posted August 07, 2006
What a wonderful school! Defer is a special place with extra special teachers, parents and administrators. I have two children in Defer and they look forward to going to school everyday. My soon to be second grader is reading at a fourth grade level and all other areas are at or above where he should be! My soon to be first grader is so prepared even though he only had half day kindergarten. My wife and I are heavily involved with the school because we see a special environment for our kids and for our family. We are looking for a new home and have one pre-requisite which is to stay in the defer district!

Posted August 06, 2006

Posted August 05, 2006

George Defer Elementary School
15425 Kercheval Avenue, Grosse Pointe Park, MI  48230
Last modified George Defer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Defer Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top