Robert Trombly Elementary School 3

Posted May 04, 2014
Good school in a good school system. Teachers & principal very nice. Great curriculum. Parent involvement isn't so much encouraged as it is mandatory though. Every week there is a different function going on that your time is requested, donations are asked for, etc. As a single parent my time is stretched as it is. It's hard to explain to a child that you can't be at every event like the other stay at home moms (and many of them are SAHM). The kids club (latchkey) prices are ridiculous and only really accommodate people who work a typical 9-5 job. Good school overall but nothing to be praised and amazed over.

Posted October 08, 2013
Strong leadership, strong community, strong parent involvement and fantastic students. The greatest principal. It transcends norms for elementary schools.

Posted May 17, 2010
My daughter has been at this school since 1st grade, our son will be going there too. Mr. Fitz and the entire teaching staff are top notch. Wonderful parent and community involvement. Challenging academics and extra care given when students need it. Would recommend this school to everyone!

Posted February 23, 2010
It's as close as you can get to a private school without the tuition. Great community and parent involvement.

Posted August 14, 2009
We have been very pleased at the quality of education our children have received at Trombley. With good leadership come good teachers. The multi-grade class was a savior for my son who needed the flexibility and challenges that class provide. My children have benefited from the reading program and speach therapy. Thank you for all you do!

Posted May 29, 2009
All three of my children have gone to Trombly and we are extremely pleased. Walt Fitzpatrick is very good with the kids and the staff are very creative, especially Ms. Howey in 4th grade. I'm not sure how the last poster came up with their opinion. They have many acc courses.

Posted February 22, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009
terrible school, all hype because of being in Grosse Pointe Park, children spend more time at recess, in fact can have up to 3 periods of recess in one day. No foreign language till 4th grade, no full time K, unless you pay 4,000 dollars. Terrible, no acc. reading program. Just foolish...Grosse Pointers are in dream land.

Posted October 24, 2008
I was shocked to see that Trombly only received an 8 rating! Walt Fitzpatrick, along with some AMAZING teachers (Weaver, Howey, etc..) and very involved parents make this school more like a 10. With such small class sizes and shared values among the staff and parents, I have a hard time firguring out why any parent would choose a private school in this area. Very strong academics and specialists to accomadate every child made my choice easy. My husband and I have considered moving, but we are not sure we could find a better place for our children to attend school.

Posted May 29, 2008
Trobmly is a wonderful school. Small class size, the teachers work hard to accommodate speical needs such as ADHD. Great Principal and tremendous parent involvement

Robert Trombly Elementary School
820 Beaconsfield Avenue, Grosse Pointe Park, MI  48230
Last modified Robert Trombly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert Trombly Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top