Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

Stevens T. Mason Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2014
We did have high hopes for Mason, but were turned off by how rude and mad I saw the volunteer be, especially towards an older woman as we walked from school. It was unwarranted and I watched in disbelief. But the principal doesn't seem to care from what I've heard and seen. Families have had other issues that just were not addressed. It's unfortunate when any negative review of this school magically disappears and is replaced by glowing reviews all of a sudden. I do not think the principal is great or even good, I was happy with our teacher though. All parents are not as satisfied with this school as the reviewers are, but voicing that is frowned upon. I'm sure that our middle school experience at Parcells will be better. We are now just biding our time here.

Stevens T. Mason Elementary School 1

Posted August 15, 2014
Apparently my review was deleted because I mentioned a person's name and was reported. I think that pretty much sums up this school. I walked everyday and saw a man in the parking lot yelling angrily at parents and grandparents for no reason. He just always seemed very angry and unprofessional. I never understood why a principal would allow someone like that on elementary school grounds. It was bizarre and inappropriate behavior, especially for Grosse Pointe. And many parents openly complain, at least to each other. This school seems to go by the either your in the clique or your not, in regard to parents. I'm sure this review will also be reported, but I have been less than impressed with Dr. Middlekauff. She is known by many parents as not caring. but if you're one of the parents who hangs around the school all day, she will go to bat for you. I do wish I had moved into another area of Grosse Pointe. This school is just not up to par to the other schools in our district.

Posted March 03, 2014
Mason is a great school. What's so wonderful about it is that it gives you that private school feel. Teachers are great and Dr. Middlekauff is a wonderful principal. She is so active in the day to day lives of the students. She helps at drop off and pick up, she's outside with them at recess, she's in at lunch helping the kids with their lunches. She's the heart of the school and anyone who goes there and any parent who volunteers, knows she is a true advocate for the students who attend. The teaching is top notch!

Posted February 21, 2014
Mason is a WONDERFUL school! The teachers are amazing, the PTO is incredible, and we love Dr. Middlekauf! Everyone has always been supportive, caring, and stands behind us as parents to help our child or guide him in the right direction. Couldn't be happier and would never consider leaving Mason!

Posted November 04, 2009
this school is wonderful my child loves it!!!! alout of assemnles very noce teacher magic shows and etc.

Posted January 31, 2008

Stevens T. Mason Elementary School 0

Posted June 18, 2004
My daughter attended here for 3 years, the teachers and the rest of the staff are absolutely wonderful. The PTO is fantastic and the kids have many different backgrounds.

Stevens T. Mason Elementary School
1640 Vernier Road, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI  48236
Last modified Stevens T. Mason Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stevens T. Mason Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top