Posted November 27, 2012
I am a former student at Star and I can honestly say that I received a great education there. There are very dedicated teachers and a very close-knit community of involved parents that helped me. After attending from K-8, I felt very prepared for high school and still value what I learned now that I'm in college. However, I must say that some of lessons teach very slanted views on religion and teach very little about multicultural history, world history, diversity issues etc. When I was there we didn't even celebrate MLK Day! At best this seemed conservative and at worst intolerant.

Posted December 05, 2008
I go to OLSOS school it is the best. I'm an honor roll student because of my school. if you are looking for a school you should come to star of the sea

Our Lady Star Of The Sea Elementary School 0

Posted October 22, 2008
Most of the 8th grade graduates are inducted into the NHS in their high schools. That tells me everything I need to know.

Posted April 26, 2007

Posted January 11, 2007
- a former student
I recently graduated from OLSOS. I can personally testify that I got the best education available. Though many say that the local public middle schoolers know more than OLSOSers, that is not true at all. Star prepared me so well for high school. The honors math class in middle school really prepared me for the rigorous honors high school math class, as well as many other honors courses. I am being challenged in high school, but not struggling. Going from Star to GPN, it was a big adjustment. The parent, teacher and student involvement at Star is incredible. I don't know any other school with such dedicated people. As well as a great education, the sports teams at Star prepared me well for high school sports. The school musicals are one of the best in the area.

Posted August 05, 2005

Posted November 27, 2004
My daughter and son both attentd Star of the Sea. Although I don't live in the area, I feel very much apart of the community and I have meet some wonderful parents who really care about their children's education and are very invovled. Star of the Sea strives for academic excellance, and christanity.

Posted October 24, 2004

Posted September 08, 2004
I have a son that has attended Star for 3 years now. We love the school itself. They are very organized & the teachers are very attentive. The work is challenging enough to keep him busy but the parents & staff are very very cliquish. I understand that neighbors will be friendly to each other but they make outsiders feel unwelcomed because it is an affluent community.

Our Lady Star Of The Sea Elementary School
467 Fairford Road, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI  48236
Last modified Our Lady Star Of The Sea Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Star Of The Sea Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top