Posted April 30, 2010

Posted March 17, 2010

Posted December 01, 2009
I could not ask for a better school for my children. Hamtramck Academy sets high expectations for their students and for the families that choose to attend. The expectations of the school are modeled by the staff's own behavior beginning with Principal Glenn. I've witnessed the positive interactions that Ms. Glenn has demonstrated either in cheering on the success that a student has shown or even in correcting a student's bad behavior. Respect is always shown by teachers, paras, secretaries, and the principal. The school is strict, but that's what makes it a safe place for my children and all the other children. They have a zero tolerance for violence & for a lack of focus on learning and will not waiver. If you are a parent who wants a school whose primary focus is education & where your child will be safe, then HCA is the school for you.

Posted July 02, 2009
My children and my sisters children have been students at this school for a total of about 4 and a half years. From day one the office staff has been terrible. principal Glen does not know how to properly communicate with parents neither does the assistant principal Byse. Byse needs to go back to school and learn how to speek to people with respect. I believe that the office staff do make an effort to try and appear profesional but it never comes out that way. they speek to the parents as if they have a hard time understanding english, some do, however others who are american born should notbe treated this way. the staff at this school will often over react about situations that can easily be ignored and not even bring some serious matters to the parents attention. my kids have learned lots but its not worth the stress.

Posted June 14, 2009
If anyone wants to ensure that their child will be adequately prepared for the future, I would highly recommend that they enroll their child in Hamtramck Academy. As a parent, I understand that my child needs to be properly educated in order to be prepared for today's society. Hamtramck Academy's mission is 'To better educate more students' and they have demonstrated their commitment to this mission by placing an emphasis on education and by providing a rigorous curriculum that will challenge each student. As a parent, I also understand that no school can provide everything that a child needs to be a successful and productive citizen, I do understand that the school needs my support and assistance to reinforce the knowledge and skills that they provide to my child. Hamtramck Academy is committed to academic excellence and they show tremendous improvement with each school year. They have made AYP each year!

Hamtramck Academy 1

Posted March 04, 2009
The school is ran like a corporation rather than a school. The principal is rarely seen, even before she started running another school. The assistant principal thinks she is a dictator and only cares about making herself look good, another one that is rarely seen outside of her office. The only good things in this school are the fabulous teachers who put in endless hours educating and caring for the children of the school. There is no support for the parents other than conferences that are offered 2 times a year. The children are forced to stand outside the building until they are let in exactly at 7:30, no matter what the temperature is. I would not recommend this school to anybody, unless you are willing to subject your child to work, work and work! There is no recess, not even for the younger kids.

Posted July 30, 2008
I have attended HCA since the day of its opening. I am a recent graduate of this preeminent school. This school is brought up on a very strict doctrine that 'Every child is challenged to achieve...' As s graduating student, I will be attending one of the top high schools in Michigan. As you can see the school has really prepared me to compete with other students. The teachers are very polite, and when graduation came it was very hard for me to leave. If this doesn't evince how outstanding this school is, I don't know what will. As an alumni I highly recommend this school to other students that would like to succeed in life.

Posted July 09, 2008
I have attended H.C.A ever since it opened. I recently graduated from this school and it was really hard to leave. The teachers are nice and are always willing to help. This school has really prepared me for high school. I believe this is the best school in the area and I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted July 06, 2008
I love H.C.A i've been going to that school for 5 years and i really like it. This school teaches everything you can imagine. I really love going to H.C.A!!!!!

Hamtramck Academy 4

Posted June 09, 2008
My son attends Hamtramck Academy.It is a wonderful school he has learned so many things there.The teachers are great they love there students.It seems like all the staff in the schools knows all the childrens names that like a family setting.I do wish that they did have more after school programs for the students and they really need more space.Besides those few issues I have no complaints at all.Keep up the good work H.A.C.

Hamtramck Academy
11420 Conant Street, Hamtramck, MI  48212
Last modified Hamtramck Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamtramck Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top