Hanover, MI

Posted February 03, 2014
I have been very pleased with the education my children have received. The staff has always been willing to help.

Posted February 02, 2014
Hanover-Horton Middle School is an amazing place! It is a small school with great programs, an amazing staff and teachers who care about all the students. Students can be involved in a variety of afterschool activities including athletics, Student Council, National Honor Society, Homework Club, Leo's Club, Robotics Club and more. Come and be a part of HH!

Posted February 02, 2014
I couldn't ask for a better school for my three kids. The administration knows every kid and supports them in all of their goals. I have been very impressed with the programs offered to middle school students both academic and extra curricular. There is a club for everyone who wants to participate. I highly recommend Hanover Horton Schools.

Posted February 02, 2014
The teachers know my child personally and provide feedback when needed. The principal knows my first name and my child's and always has a warm greeting. my 6th grader was able to participate in cross country unlike in other districts in the area. My daughter has had a class in technology, art, and currently Spanish. These classes may not be offered in other districts.

Hanover-Horton Middle School 4

Posted February 02, 2014
We have lived in the district for 16 years, and love H-H schools. The teachers are available & open to parent communication. We even had one teacher run a workshop on her own time, after school to help math students improve their basic math skills. The principal is visible and available as well. Our son felt very comfortable going to her with any concerns. The school seems very safe, especially with the new security entrances. Technology is up to date & is being improved each year. I would definitely recommend H-H schools to anyone looking for a great place to grow and learn. It is a great community!

Posted February 02, 2014
When my husband's job transferred us to the area 7 years ago I did a ton of research on area schools. We have been completely blessed and satisfied with our decision on Hanover-Horton schools. We are very proud to be HH Comets!

Hanover-Horton Middle School 2

Posted March 29, 2005
I agree Hanover Horton is a safe (physically) environment, however there are alot of area's of concern for me as a parent. Bullying seems to be rampant. Students pick on each other, use inappropriate language and name calling. No adults seems to intervene even when it happens in front of them. There are double standards in dicsiplinary actions given to students depending on who you are. Lastly, and most importantly is the LACK of curriculum for our college bound children. No guidence or leadership for teachers or students. How do we prepare for the future if the adults won't promote academic excellence. Who is leading ? Lets not be complacent but proactive and get moving. these kids are our future.

Hanover-Horton Middle School 3

Posted April 14, 2004
The school is getting away from quality fun challenging education and stress conformity and discipline to much. I have straight A children who feel the school is regressing. Listen to your parents give them a forum to suggest things. It still has the qualities to be good but the leadership is disjointed. Middle school is a time of changes and conformity should not be the priority of this school. Critical thinking will challenge the high achievers that you are not reaching. Look at the meap scores are the RMO referal kids high achievers and not being challenged? You will make or break kids at this level and you need to build bridges not point out every little thing a kid does that is not easily dealt with by adults. Embrace their individuality and build on it so they value your educational expertise. Kids will value compassion, caring mentors.

Posted February 12, 2004
this school is a great school with outstanding extracurricular activites. we have many interested and involved parents at our school to, and i would say one of the top most rated math teachers for 7th grade

Hanover-Horton Middle School 2

Posted January 14, 2004
the middle school has a new principal, who is doing a good jon. but the school overall seems to stress discipline to the point that it interferes with the students' ability to learn, and sometimes the right to even attend school. from all of the middle school students that i know personally, they are barely passing and seem to have no chance of graduating from hanover-horton high. i can think of 15 8th grade students who are currently looking for schools to go to for the high school years. if i could i would sell my house and move to columbia central, napoleon, or western, but i can't just yet..3 households on my street send their children to luminchristi, 6 that are old enough to drive have split between western, northwest, and options school. i would not elect to send my children to jr.high or high school at hanover-horton. elementary, not a bad school, that was a good experience for my oldest, and so far has been positive for my youngest.

Hanover-Horton Middle School
10000 Moscow Road, Hanover, MI  49241
Last modified Hanover-Horton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hanover-Horton Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top