Posted September 12, 2014
What can I say about Hartland High School? The vast majority of the Teachers are very good, with some being absolutely outstanding. The teachers are always very friendly and truly care about the students, the material, and often have just casual conversations with students before/after class. The administration is also very involved in the school and in making sure they hear what the students have to say. Every other Friday, the Principal hosts "Pies with the principal" and meets with a randomly selected group of students for a pizza lunch, asking them for ideas on how to improve the school. The other administrators are also very involved, and can be seen at lots of after school events. Where Hartland really shines though is in their business/marketing department. They have four, full-time business teachers with real world experience. We have the largest DECA (Marketing Competition) Chapter in the Michigan, with over 400 kids. Last years alone we took over 200 to the State and 60 students to the International Completion. If you are considering sending your student here, make sure they get involved in something! There are tons of clubs are ways to get involved. I love Hartland.

Hartland High School 4

Posted January 20, 2014
This is a nice place. There Administration and Counselors seem to care, which is most of the battle. The seasoned teachers are excellent but the amount of young inexperienced teachers is overwhelming. Great CAD and career tech classes as well as college prep courses. If you choose to send your child make sure they end up with Mrs. Dubay, Mrs. Moore, Mrs. Gazda, or Mrs. Iden for something. They are by far the three best educators that a young adult could ever hope to work with. The athletics facility is superb and the security is headed up by Mike Capra, one of the best people you could ever hope to meet. Overall, it's a great place. I'm proud to say this is where i'm from, and no other public school I know would be able to provide the resources to succeed in today's world like Hartland High School.

Hartland High School 2

Posted September 03, 2011
There is a great lack of motivation in students. The school is a safe environment, but there are a lot of drugs around.

Posted December 04, 2008
I am a past student, and i agree that teachers are above average. The education prepares you for the future education and life.

Hartland High School 3

Posted December 04, 2008
This school is a very good school teaching wise. The teachers are awsome! The staff (office workers, principle, and counselors) try very hard to keep the students under control and happy, but i have seen them act coldly to parents. The math books are really bad and hard to understand.

Posted September 25, 2008

Hartland High School 3

Posted September 18, 2008
My school is a very good school. The teachers are nice and will help you if you ask for it, they won't just come up and help you, they have many students to deal with. I have to admitt we are on a short supplies on books but there are only 2 classes I am in that I can't bring a book home, spanish and marketing.

Hartland High School 1

Posted August 18, 2008

Hartland High School 0

Posted March 16, 2008
Hartland High School is one of the best around in the state of Michigan. The teachers, counselors, and administarotirs are easily assessable and willing to listen to parent concerns. All of the staff memembers that I have come into contact with are alsways prompt and knowledgable. My son is a special needs student and all of his teahcers and the counselors work with us to assist our child. I am very happy with the overall quality of education my child is receiving.

Hartland High School 0

Posted March 07, 2008
This scool doesn't have the money for social study books that students can take home, but it has a nice, big pool (?) The administrations is always blaming the over-flowing class size for the incompetent teachers w/ tenure. Teachers are not accountible. If your child is extremely independent, all is good. If your child needs one-one guidance, forget it! They do not care. They also treat students unequally. One student will be allowed to switch classes, the other will not. Basically, the counselors lie to you, and hope you just go away. The math program is terrible. In my sons class alone, I knew of ten failing students! Even the director of Sylvan asked me if I knew where they could get a copy of his Math books. They claimed there was an influx of Hartland students needing help in Math. Even Sylvan couldn't figure out how to teach it!

Hartland High School