PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Non welcoming, no discipline (administration has no backbone), children are irritated with each other constantly causing tension. The children are not shown by example, therefore as a whole they are not respectful or compassionate. This school is teaching Christianity but not practicing it. There are some good teachers but not all.

I love this school. Three of my kids have attended, two very bright, and one that needed lots of help. All three did exceptionally well. The teachers are marvelous and caring individuals and truly want the kids to succeed. The school and church are very spiritually, and Biblically grounded. The facilities are newer and they have recently upgraded computers ... using Chromebooks now. If you want your children taught the 3Rs plus Christian truth, you should check them out.

As we celebrate the Advent season, I am reminded once again just how blessed my children are to receive a quality Christian education at Our Savior. The opportunities to worship the Lord throughout the school day, to be challenged academically in the classrooms, and to participate in an exceptional music program are truly a gift. I commend our faithful and dedicated teaching and pastoral staff for their commitment to academic excellence and faithful instruction. They truly love our children, each other, and this parish. Thanks be to God!

This school has been and continues to be an excellent school. My children love their teachers and are flourishing academically, spiritually, and emotionally. Two of them consistently score two to three grades above in achievement tests. The other has some learning difficulties and with the small class sizes and caring teachers, has been progressing remarkably well. All three enjoy the extra-curricular activities and the facilities are beautiful. I highly recommend this school for those interested in a Christ-centered, academically challenging school.

My middle schooler is receiving an amazing, faith-based education. He knows scripture as well as math, social studies, and language arts. There is an active PTL and group of parents in the building everyday keeping activities and funding going. While the sudden resignation of the contract principal in 2011 and her friends on the teaching staff caused a great deal of stress and the departure of some families, the school remains a peaceful, Christ-centered educational facility. My child is thriving, and I enjoy my interactions with all staff and families at the school.

My husband has been a lifelong member of this congregation, and we are very active members in the church. We have had two children graduate from the school and currently have two there. The education they have received and are receiving is top notch. There was some unfortunate events that did take place in 2011. The school is once again working in harmony with the church as it did in the years before this incident and we are very happy and excited for some of the great new things happening in this congregation and school.

My wife and I had our children here until the end of 2011. When I enrolled them I was very impressed with the teachers and the greeting with warmth and open arms we recieved as we were new to putting our children into private school, but were also not members of the church. With that said, this once wonderful school was filled with sadness and uncertainty by the end of the school year so we chose to remove our children. I grew up my entire life in the church and to see what was happening yet again, only this time, affecting the school saddened me greatly but I was not surprised as this was nothing new to me since I had seen this kind of split and division within the church/school all before. As of last week, another teacher has resigned and yet another family has transferred out.. How sad the turmoil that started a year ago, is still dragging down this school. I pray for those responsible and just hope God is letting this happen for a reason...

there is entirely too much discord coming from the church. we left recently due to the fighting and negativity. The teachers really do try to do their best with the situation in which they find themselves. However, the class sizes and staff has dwindled so severely that we were forced to take our children elsewhere. We know that this was a great school last year, but currently the fighting has severely hindered it from flourishing. I am sure that this post will be deleted shortly as others stating valid concerns have recently.

I currently have children there, and will not be returning. Another teacher resigns. Speaks for itself. I am shocked that anything that has been said negative is so quickly being dismissed when it shows within the school itself exactly what is happening. I am very concerned they will not manage through the remainder of this year but am hopeful I am no left seeking a place to put my children mid year.

Unfortunately, our school has had negative reviews on the site. There are one or two families who feel the need to constantly post negative reviews about our church and school. To say our school it is not "Christ Centered" is nothing short of a lie. There is no bickering, no fighting, and no aggression. The only problems we have are the people submitting the negative reviews on this web site. We are brothers and sisters in Christ and strive to do His work. Children in the day care, pre-school thru 8th grade receive a quality education. OSL is a great place to learn!

Last modified Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8