Posted December 13, 2012
As we celebrate the Advent season, I am reminded once again just how blessed my children are to receive a quality Christian education at Our Savior. The opportunities to worship the Lord throughout the school day, to be challenged academically in the classrooms, and to participate in an exceptional music program are truly a gift. I commend our faithful and dedicated teaching and pastoral staff for their commitment to academic excellence and faithful instruction. They truly love our children, each other, and this parish. Thanks be to God!

Posted May 02, 2012
This school has been and continues to be an excellent school. My children love their teachers and are flourishing academically, spiritually, and emotionally. Two of them consistently score two to three grades above in achievement tests. The other has some learning difficulties and with the small class sizes and caring teachers, has been progressing remarkably well. All three enjoy the extra-curricular activities and the facilities are beautiful. I highly recommend this school for those interested in a Christ-centered, academically challenging school.

Posted April 24, 2012
My middle schooler is receiving an amazing, faith-based education. He knows scripture as well as math, social studies, and language arts. There is an active PTL and group of parents in the building everyday keeping activities and funding going. While the sudden resignation of the contract principal in 2011 and her friends on the teaching staff caused a great deal of stress and the departure of some families, the school remains a peaceful, Christ-centered educational facility. My child is thriving, and I enjoy my interactions with all staff and families at the school.

Posted April 24, 2012
My husband has been a lifelong member of this congregation, and we are very active members in the church. We have had two children graduate from the school and currently have two there. The education they have received and are receiving is top notch. There was some unfortunate events that did take place in 2011. The school is once again working in harmony with the church as it did in the years before this incident and we are very happy and excited for some of the great new things happening in this congregation and school.

Posted February 28, 2012
My wife and I had our children here until the end of 2011. When I enrolled them I was very impressed with the teachers and the greeting with warmth and open arms we recieved as we were new to putting our children into private school, but were also not members of the church. With that said, this once wonderful school was filled with sadness and uncertainty by the end of the school year so we chose to remove our children. I grew up my entire life in the church and to see what was happening yet again, only this time, affecting the school saddened me greatly but I was not surprised as this was nothing new to me since I had seen this kind of split and division within the church/school all before. As of last week, another teacher has resigned and yet another family has transferred out.. How sad the turmoil that started a year ago, is still dragging down this school. I pray for those responsible and just hope God is letting this happen for a reason...

Posted February 28, 2012
there is entirely too much discord coming from the church. we left recently due to the fighting and negativity. The teachers really do try to do their best with the situation in which they find themselves. However, the class sizes and staff has dwindled so severely that we were forced to take our children elsewhere. We know that this was a great school last year, but currently the fighting has severely hindered it from flourishing. I am sure that this post will be deleted shortly as others stating valid concerns have recently.

Posted February 25, 2012
I currently have children there, and will not be returning. Another teacher resigns. Speaks for itself. I am shocked that anything that has been said negative is so quickly being dismissed when it shows within the school itself exactly what is happening. I am very concerned they will not manage through the remainder of this year but am hopeful I am no left seeking a place to put my children mid year.

Posted February 22, 2012
Unfortunately, our school has had negative reviews on the site. There are one or two families who feel the need to constantly post negative reviews about our church and school. To say our school it is not "Christ Centered" is nothing short of a lie. There is no bickering, no fighting, and no aggression. The only problems we have are the people submitting the negative reviews on this web site. We are brothers and sisters in Christ and strive to do His work. Children in the day care, pre-school thru 8th grade receive a quality education. OSL is a great place to learn!

Posted February 14, 2012
TOP NOTCH. This school is absolutely wonderful. As is stated below If you are looking for CHRIST CENTERED education for your child this is the place. The teachers in place truly care about the students in all aspects of their Christian and Educational growth. The IOWA test scores noted below demonstrate the excellence, and the continued success of these students after attending is I believe unmatched. Class sizes are ideal for one on one educational opportunities, I have had my children in this school both before and after some of the staff turnover and can say without a doubt that this School is in a much better place now than it has ever been since moving into the new facility. The votes of a few as mentioned below, are the votes of the departed. The issues have been addressed and rectified with the willful departures of the staff members and principal. Any Current family with children in the school will tell you that there is no better school in the area if you desire quality education which is Christ Centered. Come visit and see for yourself!

Posted February 14, 2012
Our Savior Lutheran is the place to be! I have children in multiple grades and know that this school is top notch! In fact, it has gotten 100% better within the past year after some very important changes were made to see that the parochial and caring character of the school remained intact. I'm so glad that the faithful members have stepped up and worked so hard to build up the school and to provide the families they serve (both member and non-member) with only the best! Thank you Our Savior School! Thank you Our Savior Lutheran Church! You are at the top of the education field and a blessing to the community you serve!

Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran School
13667 West Highland Rd, Hartland, MI  48353
Last modified Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Savior Evangelical Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top