Haslett Middle School 0

Posted October 10, 2010
Haslett Middle School Staff is very commited, supportative, caring and their students education is a priority.

Haslett Middle School 0

Posted May 13, 2010
Both of my children attended Haslett Middle School and I was very pleased with the feedback I received from their teachers. They had an excellent academic program taught by some wonderful teachers!

Haslett Middle School 4

Posted December 17, 2009
As a former student (now freshman at HHS), I can honestly say that HMS is a great school---but it has its flaws. The teachers are amazing; Haslett really has the best of the best. It has good extracurricular programs, and a nice building. The only thing I've found lacking is the quality of the administration. A kid in my grade bashed some other kid's head into a wall repeatedly in 7th grade, and an ambulance was called---I saw the kid who bashed his head in at school later that week. I would think an assault of that caliber would be grounds for expulsion, or at least a week's suspension---not a day or two. My parents have also been exasperated in trying to communicate with the principal(s). Email a teacher and they'll respond in 24hrs.---whereas we've had multiple important emails completely ignored by the principal. All in all, great teachers, poor administration.

Posted April 01, 2008
The school is wonderful. Anyone that has a problem this school justs wants to find something to complain about. Get a life or move. We are turly blessed that our kids can live in Haslett and attend school here!

Posted December 01, 2007
I would definatly recomend this school to any one out there the food is great the teachers are nice and all of them are willing to help your student(s).

Posted May 21, 2007

Posted May 04, 2007
This school is great. Everything is awesome, from teacher involvement, to extracurricular activities, and more. I've not been here for one year yet, and I love it. The teachers are very capable and involved parent-wise, and because of good teaching, many students do very well. Behavior control is good, but sometimes people who are just not controllable by anyone get a little out of hand. Parents are encouraged to play a big role, but unfortunately, not all choose to do so. Technically, the parents are the ones lowering parent involvement by not attending conferences, participating in events, etc. The teachers try to cope with this, and do very well. To me, that alone makes them superb. They handle kids who are rowdy very well (considering the sheer amount of them!) Overall, this school deserves a five star rating. I should know, I'm a student!

Haslett Middle School 3

Posted August 01, 2005
The school itself is nice in appearance, but lacking in control of it's students. Watching two children struggle through the school makes me wince at what they had/have to go through. The students are under very little supervision in the halls between classes, denied requests by parents that volunteered to assist in monitoring the hallways during class changes. Communication with parents is substandard at best. Outstanding teachers that have the ability to teach but many appear to shun the responsiblity of communicateing with the parents about essential items.

Haslett Middle School
1535 Franklin St, Haslett, MI  48840
Last modified Haslett Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haslett Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.