Bad
Good

We are a school of choice family living in another county. My daughter has been going to Hoover since Kindergarten. She has done great at Hoover and has loved all her teachers. As a teacher in the district, I have to say that I have been very pleased to have my child at Hoover with some of the best teachers I've met in my years of teaching in the district. It helps that I work with my daughter at home and that she has excelled in her years thus far. I am pleased to recommend this school to any parent looking to get that personal touch from teacher to student.

Hoover School is a great place to learn! I have two daughters that went to Hoover. The teachers are incredible. They work with students at their level and encourage parental involvement. The principal is very supportive of her staff and they work together for the best for our kids. You will not find another school district that has teachers, staff, and administrators that care about the whole child like Hoover does.

This school is a wonderful place to learn and work! I went to this school when I was in grade school and have since then personally worked in a few classrooms there. The personal attention that each child gets in amazing. The special ed students are integrated in the classroom but they aren't left out in any way nor are they left to figure things out on their own. The special ed students either leave the class with a special tutor or one comes into the class to work with them for each subject. Also the advanced students are allowed to excel beyond what is expected of them, they may be put into smaller groups that do harder work or even help the other students in the classroom. Of all the Hazel Park Elementary Schools I vote this one the best!

I absloutely love Hoover school. My son (now 7th grade) went there from k-5 and is now in advanced classes at the junior high and I have a daughter currently in 3rd grade who is doing great. The staff there is wonderful, they have always made me feel like they had my childs best interest in mind. I am a working mom but have the opportunity from time to time to take a day off and spend it at the school. I have always been welcome and have always liked what I see going on there. There truly is a family feeling in that school. I have had others comment to me that "they wish their school was like Hoover". From the staff to the families attendfing, I can honestly say Hoover is the best!

Hoover is an excellent school with exceptional teachers and staff. My children excelled because of the great teachers there. My son, was fortunate enough to have Mrs. Allen for three years 1st thru 3rd and it was because of her that to this day (he is now in 10th grade) is in the top of his class in math (algebra, geometry, calculus). My daughter was also fortunate to have Mrs. Allen. The sports programs they provided have been awesome; my children have had the opportunity to be coached by the best (in basketball); the sportsmanship and fun they have had are priceless. We still have video's. Thank you to the incredible teachers and staff for all their hard work! Kudos to Hoover Elementary!

Hoover School has a dedicated staff who works hard to meet the needs of all students. The school leadership is strong and the teachers are constantly learning new instructional strategies to help the students be successful. Teachers are involved in leadership teams at the state, county and district level because of their knowledge and ability to instruct students.

I think the school is not excelling the way it should be. I find kids are being left behind and the excuse of the teachers are that they have too many kids. I wonder why they shut down two school if now the kids cannot get the help they did before because 'too many kids'?! Plus I find the principal is waste of your time, shes never there you barely see her, and if you speak to her there is no resolve to a issue. I wish they would open at least one of the schools or both back open, so the kids dont get left behind, and just pushed ahead. (pls study up on the no child left behind act is not about holding the child back, its about the learning!!).

Last modified Hoover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.