Highland Park Community H.S. 3

Posted April 28, 2014
Both of my children graduate for Highland Park as well as myself. The teachers to me are more caring about the child. They provide the nessary tools they need yo learn

Highland Park Community H.S. 5

Posted October 03, 2013
i love highland park people made it seem so bad when really its good i just think the rules are to strick but i mean what student wouldnt

Highland Park Community H.S. 3

Posted April 01, 2013
This school isn't as bad as people make it seem. I'm not going to lie it isn't the best. I attend this school..Some of the teachers actually are interested in teaching us while others just watch us and tell us the assignment without illustrating, or going over it. But most of the students are close. If teachers and students put more Effort into this school it would be a Great school..But overall it's not a terrible school, I just think some things could be done better.

Posted November 09, 2009
I can't say that Highland Park Community High School is all bad. The rules and regulations are well set - although faculty memebers don't always enforce these rules and regulations. HPCHS has the potential to be a great educational facility, but students are so blind sighted on what is really important. School is for educational purposes, but some feel it is a place that everyone has to know who you are, everyone has to know how much money you have, and everyone has to acknowledge the ignorance and stupidity they disclose. It can be so annoying, and the school lacks extracirriculum activities - or they just don't have enough. But for the most part, HPCHS has teachers (some) who are willing to participate in actually teaching the students and have created a bond with them. Also, if you join a team (ex: volleyball, football, chearleading, rotc, etc...) that is your family!

Posted July 24, 2009
This school isn't as bad as people make it seem. I'm not gone to lie it isn't the best. I attend this school..Some of the teachers actually are interested in teaching us while others just watch us more like there babysitting.But most of the students are close. If teachers and students put more Effort into this school it would b a Great school..But until then its just a daycamp

Posted July 03, 2009
Highland Park has done something no other highschool has done. They have taken education to another level. Dasa Academy is a program started in 2007 which is a wonderful alternative to detroit public or any other charter or academy. Small class sizes and wonderful teachers. My son is doing so well in digital animantion, english, and other subjects. He has been able to build his confidence in himself and enjoys going to school. - Robotic's tournaments, and working on an anti drug video as camera man is some of what he has done in the two years he has been in the program. Every child should be allowed to attend such a program . Keep up the good work - Dasa Academy L Brown

Highland Park Community H.S. 1

Posted June 19, 2009

Highland Park Community H.S. 2

Posted June 18, 2009
Master sgt. Ronald denard (afjroct), mr. Woods (government teacher), mrs. Glover, and mrs. Watkins are the only true teachers that that school has. Without the rotc program and now the upcoming choir - that school would have nothing. Thank god for teachers who actually care like sgt. Denard and mr. Woods! if your kids go there - make sure they are in rotc - it is the greatest program the could involve themselves with. It is a family enviornment!

Highland Park Community H.S. 1

Posted May 13, 2009

Posted May 07, 2009
i am a student at Highland Park high and i cant say that it is a bad enviorment. I have been here for both of my highschool years so far, even though i am planning on leaving i will miss everyone. the teachers are not like others, they are sdown to earth and care about us, not because we are there pay check, but because we have a bond. I appreciate the effort that Highland park staff put into their jobs to make us better, and show us our full potential. There are many programs for students to enjoy, one of them being HP180. Here students can take care of there homework and get help in certain classes. Also they hold life skill groups, which go over various problems and situations that young people will face. The only draw back I can think of is that the program doesnt last longer.

Highland Park Community H.S.
15900 Woodward Ave, Highland Park, MI  48203
Last modified Highland Park Community H.S. is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Park Community H.S. Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.